1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any fapstronauts that wanna abstain from sex forever?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Third_Eye, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Some of you may already know that I wanna abstain from sex forever, after I reach my 500+ day PMO free goal. But are there any male or female fapstronauts that wanna abstain from sex forever, when they're fully recovered?

Noelle likes this.
  2. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I do, but am a bit confused by your counter. Should you not wait till you have nofapped for a long while before pursuing this idea ?

Noelle likes this.
  3. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

When I'm fully recovered. I'll post a thread about it on the Success Stories forum, and I'll let people know. But there's more important things to worry about, than sex.

4. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

I'm quite new to this forum and outside certain religions I have not come across this quest for perpetual sexual abstinence before.

Would you mind explaining what underpins this aspiration of yours. And is it also a rejection of any possible future reproduction?

Noelle likes this.
  5. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

It went from me hating sex scenes in tv shows and movies, to me realizing that sex is not an interest that I have in. And yes, I would still reproduce and have children, but through "artificial insemination," aka the "turkey baster method."

6. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply.

I hope you don't mind the personal question - but is sex something you've had much experience with? Either positive or negative experiences?

And do you hope to find a woman who shares your preference for this "turkey baster method"?

7. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I've never had sex in my life. I'm a virgin, and proud. And I'm sure that "asexual women" would be more okay with that method than "heterosexual women."

8. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

There's a lot of wisdom in the phrase: "Try everything once except incest and folk dancing"

I take it you are still quite young. In which case staying a virgin is something you should most definitely feel proud of. There's nothing to be gained by rushing...

For many of my friends having children was life's most amazing experience bar none. Choosing a wife who'll make a good mother is central to this. And I strongly doubt there are many good mothers in waiting that would be comfortable with the "turkey baster method"! But who knows? We live in ever crazier times.

For now steer clear of all things sex. There is so much else to learn and experience at a young age. Find out more about who you are, learn more about others and follow your passions. The sex stuff will take care of itself later.

A41:14A and Deleted Account like this.
  9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

What's wrong with folk dancing? Or even barm dancing?
    Why would you want to abstain from sex altogether

10. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

I think that's the lighthearted element to the phrase - sometimes it's written as "Morris dancing" - and was likely included to balance with the darker "incest" part. I don't think it is meant to be taken literally... :)

No idea why anyone would want to abstain from sex, particularly someone who's never actually experienced it. But it takes all sorts... Each to his own etc...

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Never has the saying 'never say never' been more warranted.

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yes but barn dancing isn't the same as morris dancing per SE. Why do you think somebody would be averse to all sexual behaviour especially if they have never experienced it?

13. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. The whole point of trying everything once is to find out what you like and what you don't like. You can't properly experience any activity just by reading about it or by watching it.

Btw I didn't come up with that phrase. Sir Thomas Beecham did...

14. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

...I should add that the original poster appears to be a teenager. So there are very good reasons why a teenager might choose to abstain from sex for the foreseeable future. And personally speaking I believe such a decision is to be highly commended.

So I was really only commenting on a fully mature adult choosing to abstain from sex forever without having first tried it.

15. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I'd rather gain knowledge of life than have sex.

16. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I don't need to try sex. There's plenty of important things to worry about.

17. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Because [to me] sex is a "want" not a "need." I'm just not interested.

18. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I don't care for sex

19. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Not that it matters a great deal but your reasoning is internally inconsistent and therefore contradicts itself.

Sex is an integral, inseparable part of life - quite obviously and literally - not something set apart from and distinct to it. Knowledge of sex is necessarily and indisputably also knowledge of life.

Anyway good luck with your chosen path. I'm sure in years to come you will look back at your younger self with a chuckle as we all eventually come to do.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Why?