1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SUPER URGANT, NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BlueDragonfly, Sep 11, 2017.

1. After the embarassing beatdown I received and all the guilt and shame I live with, I really don't want to fight again. I would just call the cops. I'm more of a pacifist now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
    Deleted Account and Doc Lolliday like this.
  2. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I'm the type that i have peace in my heart, and in no way wanna fight people. But, I'm just saying, I'd beat down any man who messes with me. I'd fight with everything I got. I'm not trying to pressure you to fight, if you don't want to, I'm just telling you how I feel.

Doc Lolliday likes this.
  3. I feel that spirit man.

But sooner or later, if you keep fighting, even when threatened, you will find yourself in a fight you cannot win by returning violence for violence.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Huh?

5. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

All I'm saying is that self-defense should be used, only if you really have to. People would laugh and make fun of people who get beat down, and that's sad :(.
    I'd just never want to be left in a dangerous predicament.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I put my emphasis on this topic. Also, look to get help before you even get in any fights...

7. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I doubt it. I know how to stand my ground if I ever get jumped, without getting my ass beat.

8. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Cute video. Do you have any where they actually look like they know how to fight?

The fact is that choking someone in most states is a felony. Cutting off someone's air or the blood supply to their brain is no joke.

If the OP is getting put in a chokehold, he has every legal right in the world to defend himself, including punching this bully square in the face.

Third_Eye likes this.
  9. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

What the fuck does "octagon style" had to do with anything. If I was on a one-on-one fight, I'd stand my own ground. That video link I sent was for MULTIPLE ATTACKERS. I'd rather save my own well-being, than get my ass beat. WTH are you talking about? Stop talking nonsense.

10. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Again, I could stand my own ground if it was one-on-one. I'm not doubting your abilities, and I'm not calling you out. WTF are you talking about? That video link I sent was for MULTIPLE ATTACKERS, not one-on-one fights. Besides, you have no idea what I'm capable of. Especially since I'm learning tricks and techniques.

11. BlueDragonfly

BlueDragonfly Fapstronaut

Wisconsin and yes

12. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

The Wisconsin criminal code reads: "Whoever intentionally impedes the normal breathing or circulation of blood by applying pressure on the throat or neck or by blocking the nose or mouth of another person is guilty of a Class H felony."

Meaning--you have every right to defend yourself. You will not get in legal trouble by striking this guy if he's trying to put you in a chokehold. I can't speak for your school, but if the police are involved, he's definitely in trouble and you're not.

Next time he tries it, do three things:

1) Immediately turn your head away from his choke. If his arm is tracing around the right side of your neck, turn your head to the left. If it's coming from the left, turn your head to the right. This takes pressure off of your throat. You probably can remember exactly how he applied it in the past--he'll do it the exact same way every time. Just be ready to turn your head in the appropriate direction.

2) Use your hands to grab at his arm and pull down, which will help further release the pressure. This will also create some room to maneuver you can tuck your head and slip out of the choke.

3) Once you've slipped out, go ballistic on him and strike until he leaves you alone.

13. Yeah I think you have to do what SuperFan said. Such behaviour is not new, I have a friend who's of Filipino descent and I remember her saying this kid once told followed her and her family on a walk and repeatedly told them to go back to China. She wasn't surprised by the news of all the racist attacks after referendum because she's been experiencing this her whole life.

14. BlueDragonfly

BlueDragonfly Fapstronaut

He's not applying enough pressure to choke me, a few times he barely restricted my breathing; I just can't get out. I'll try your technique of getting out and then I'm going to punch him in the face.

15. Ditto to all of this and while you're going ballistic, tell him to say sorry for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then when he's on the ground, spit on him and walk away.

SuperFan and Deleted Account like this.
  16. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Well, one of the reasons those chokes are used so often is because they're incredibly effective. The key is to respond as quickly as possible. If you can turn your head and grab his arm as he's putting on the choke, you will be much, much better off than if you try and do those things after he's already established it. Basically, the minute he starts putting his hands on you, react.

And as long as his arm is making its way around your throat, you have reason to react as if you're in danger ... in addition to the fact that this is a pattern of behavior that you've dealt with before. Perhaps he won't choke you next time, but he's set a precedent of choking you, so it would be reasonable for you to believe he'd try and choke you again.