1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Small thing to improve ..

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Xander_, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Hey, Since beginning my handwriting sucked and it looks ugly, i want to make it better since a lot of people are complaining how hardly read able my handwrite is, also it is kinda ebarassing.
    So anyone has a situation ??

2. Zyzz's Witnesses

Zyzz's Witnesses Fapstronaut

I do.My handwriting always sucked..i type fast and i don't care and it just makes a mess.I cant even read what i type :D

3. metronome

metronome New Fapstronaut

My handwriting has always been poor & hard to read even by myself. I tent to write in individual letters now since my collage days of taking down notes during lectures.

4. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Xander, I think the easiest thing to do is to set a small goal. Eventually, you'd like to have legible handwriting. Maybe start off by getting some handwriting work books. And don't be embarrassed if you have to start at first or second grade. Sometimes we have to do what is necessary if we truly want results!

5. Abstainer

Abstainer Fapstronaut

I agree with Jazz. My handwriting skills haven't improved since my years in elementary school. I have always been an independent thinker, and my opinion is it's not important for other people to easily read my handwriting as long as I can read it. But if you really want people to be able to read it easily, it would be a great idea to buy some elementary textbooks to practice with. It could be a real benefit to have beautiful handwriting, but many of histories greatest minds have had horrible handwriting. Bad handwriting can be a sign of intelligence. Something to think about...

6. monvoyage

monvoyage Fapstronaut

I have been struggling with my handwriting as well, but i'm getting more and more comfortable. Here are some important things i think you should consider:

1. You don't need change your handwriting completely, and you shouldn't try to do that. Don't use elementary textbooks. Because a good handwriting doesn't have to look neatly perfect schoolbook style. Just google some handwriting examples and you will see that each is different from the other, in some cases even radically.
    The thing that makes a handwriting look good is simple: It is steady. What i mean is simple that every "a" looks more or less the same, and so does every "b", and so on.
    So stick to the way you write, and don't try to change it allover. You just need to make it look more regular. And how do you do it?

2. It's simple. Just do it. Just write, a little bit every day. Keep a paper Journal. Which is good anyways, at the beginning and the end of the day i write some things in my journal. (In the morning it's three things i'm thankful for and my dreams, in the evening it's the amount of money i've saved today, a positive experience from the day and a list of the things i did during the day (list of accomplishments vs. to do list)). Not only has my attitude changed to the better, but also my handwriting has improved dramatically!

3. Another tip: Find a pen that you like and stick to it. For me it's a regular HB pencil. Not only that it provides me the right amount of friction, but also the thought that you can erase it easily makes you more relaxed about writing, which is really helpful as well.

tl;dr: Stick to your style of handwriting. Try to make it more regular looking by writing a little bit every day. Use a pen you love.

Hope I could help you!