1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any fans of Trailer Park Boys?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Favorite episodes/moments?

2. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Like the show. Hate the movies though. I haven't seen any of the newer Netflix stuff. I would say my favorite episode is the first appearance of Conky.

Knighthawk likes this.
  3. Yeah the original show run before Netflix (seasons 1-7) are the best by far

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I’ve seen it while scrolling through Netflix but I never clicked on it.

5. Casey0321

Casey0321 Fapstronaut

I will say i love it, it takes a bit to get into but to me it is amazing. Just depends on your humor and what you enjoy

Gotham Outlaw and Knighthawk like this.
  6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

7. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Pretty much anything Ricky does or says is pure comedy gold.

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'd say seasons 3 and 4 are my favorites. Ricky being Trailer Park Supervisor was a hilarious disaster. One of my favorite moments was when Ricky went after the guys dismantling his satellite dishes. "You don't own space, NASA does!"

There are many Canadianisms that many non-residents might miss. Like Newfoundland steak and zesty/mordant chips.

That's just the way she goes boys. The way she goes.

Deleted Account and Knighthawk like this.
  9. The way of the road bubs

LEPAGE likes this.
  10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

My problem with the movies is that they are so slow in comparison to the show. In each show, Ricky, Julian and Bubbles would get into trouble before the opening credits, and we're out of it 20 minutes later. There was no time for messing around. In the movies, they'll take time to show them driving around while some song plays in the background.

I've seen Julian setup a vodka operation, and watch it fall apart 20 minutes later. During this time, Ricky has applied for, tested for, been awarded the position of, served as and ultimately fired as Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor. Bubbles is along for the ride, and has some side stories where he's forced to go back to his "recycling" jobs because he didn't get the assistant job. The movies take the basic formula but stretch it out with a bunch of boring filler.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  11. I am the liquor! I am a huge fan, I own all the seasons/movies and tv specials. It's huge here in Canada. Season 8-11 is nowhere near the mockumentary style they shot it before but it's still a fucking good show. RIP John Dunsworth :(

Knighthawk likes this.
  12. Absolutely agreed that after Mike Clattenburg left, the show wasn't the same but there are still some great moments after he left. I was so sad to hear of Lahey's passing :( he is the most lovable drunk I've ever seen. He's one of my favorite characters. I love when George green and the other cop beat up Lahey, Randy, and Philadelphia Collins and try to make it look like a drunken cheeseburger party gone wrong.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. hahaha 3 good men are dead!

Knighthawk likes this.
  14. "They tried to kill us Jimmy! They're crooked fuckin cops!"

"Shut the fuck up phil"

15. I got my girlfriend to watch the Conky episode with me and she was silent throughout the whole thing until she saw Caveman sam the Veterinarian and she burst out laughing.

"Well, I got my veterinary practice up and running again, which is great. It took a lot of bullshit, and I'm on probation for two years with the Veterinary Association of Canada, but it's nice to be back doing what I really love to do"

Deleted Account and Knighthawk like this.
  16. When Bubbles asked the Jehova's witness if he can f*** himself.

17. "can you read my son?"

"well that depends can you go fuck yourself" - bubbles

18. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I was up in Canada a couple summers ago went to Halifax and Dartmouth and saw Sunnyvale trailer park. Also bought some replicas of Ricky's shirts at a nearby Goodwill store.

Gotham Outlaw and Knighthawk like this.
  19. Hahaha I love the mean side of bubs. Don't see it as much after the first couple seasons.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  20. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

This has me thinking about picking up a donair for dinner, but I've never seen one in my neck of the woods. Must be an east coast thing.