1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Side Hustle

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Do you guys have a side hustle, along with your main job? A side hustle is something not related to your profession that you do to make more money. Not a hobby or writing a book. It has to be a legitimate side hustle.

I need one in a bad way and was trying to find a way to. Selling drugs would be the easiest/most fun but I'm really looking more into legal enterprises.

One of my bros did an online betting system for sports games. Not big games, but like random season games of women soccer or horseracing. He would bet money, online, and you can actually make money. When he passed away, he owed this one guy from new jersey 400$ lol. I would've been so pissed.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  2. I love going to thrift stores and reselling clothes/items for more. You’d be surprised what you can find in a thrift store, especially if you get there early.

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

aka a second job.

I had a second job for a while but then I got burned out. Extra cash is no fun if you’re exhausted 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and have no energy to do anything. Existence was misery during that time.

4. I don't believe you man! o_O Selling drugs and fucking up people's lives would be the most fun way to earn extra money! :eek:

5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I've done investing before, though I don't as much now. You can do it online and in different markets, whether it's stock markets, forex for cryptocurrency, etc. It definitely takes work, research and speculation, though.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Does it not take time as well?

7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yes, it does take time also

8. I've thought about selling weed at times too, but I feel like people texting you at anytime would get really annoying.

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  9. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Weed doesn’t destroy lives, things like heroine & meth do that.

10. It is.

11. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

I've considered doing this for some time. What platform would you recommend for trading from home?

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

You're an American, so I'll assume you want the NYSE. As I'm not a US citizen, I was limited to TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers whenever I accessed American stocks. You, of course, have much more options to the point where it's tough to make any suggestions, but it really depends whether you're interested in day trading or more long-term. I hear from American investors from home that others liked such as Merrill Edge and Charles Schwab, among others, since they're like $5-7/trade. It's probably best just to research each one for benefits they have (such as updated graphs, live news and tools) before you make a final decision.

13. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I teach fitness classes a couple times a week after work in the evenings. It's not a ton of extra cash, but keeps me exercising and I don't have to pay for a gym membership which saves me some money. If you have a skill like playing an instrument, or are great in a particular school subject, consider tutoring school kids, or teaching music lessons or something like that.

14. Same! Love me some yard sales.

Also, why doesn't writing a book qualify as a "side hustle"? It makes money and is in addition to your regular job....

15. What’s the coolest thing you’ve found at a yard sale?

I would consider that a side hustle! Keep No Record is still in my kindle library btw ;):emoji_raised_hands:

16. Hm... That's a really hard question. Recently I went to the very end of a massive church yard sale, and they were selling everything like 90% off, so I got a working typewriter in great condition, with a case and everything, for a dollar. That was pretty awesome!

But I don't know, there are probably lots of other awesome things. Literally looking around this room, I've gotten like probably 50% of the stuff I own at yard sales. Lol so it's hard to say.

Oh, also a good money maker was at that same church yard sale. At the end of the day, they were selling everything 90% off or whatever you can fit in a paper bag for 2 bucks. So I filled a paper bag with like... I don't remember, probably like 10-15 records and a bunch of DVDs. I recently sold all the records for 15 bucks for all of them, so that was like a 13 dollar profit right there.

I also recently bought a nearly brand new copy of 10 Cloverfield Lane for 5 bucks, and I didn't even realize at the time that it came with a DVD copy and a Bluray copy. So I'm planning to keep one of them and sell the other for 5 bucks, essentially getting it for free. Yay ^_^

Aw, yay ^_^ thanks for the support!

17. Jheeez, yard sales here in Canada suck compared to the ones y’all got in the states lol a working typewriter?! Now that’s vintage aha and only for a dollar?! You got a lot of side hustles, I see you making that mula with the thrifting!

18. Lol unfortunately I haven't made much that way these days. I have a bunch of stuff to sell, but nobody to buy it. But yeah, the typewriter was 10 bucks, but since it was the end of the sale they just wanted everything gone. That's my favorite sale of the year, here. It's at my old church and all the proceeds go to missions. And they have great prices because there's so much stuff.

Oh yeah! That reminds me! At that sale they had a rack of purses that said a dollar each, and I found a brand new grey, leather handbag with a matching wallet. The wallet and purse both still had the tags on them, and the purse was probably easily like 60 bucks new. Wallet was probably like... 20 or so. I got em for two bucks. :)

19. Buy and Hold real estate.