1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle school work? Any stress-relieving hobbies?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by gottagetback, Nov 18, 2017.

1. gottagetback

gottagetback Fapstronaut

I've figured out that doing any kind of work is absolutely painful for me and I have always sought escape from the pain with pmo or the internet. I didn't learn the value of work as a child. The period before doing work is a trigger, doing work is a trigger, so it's difficult to upkeep a streak like this. I hate work, so I would like to know and ask you all, how do I learn to love it? If I somehow learn to enjoy or at least not mind (as much) my school activities, it would solve most of the problems.

So, how do I learn to like work or get used to it?

Extra info: I've disabled internet for every day except from 7 PM till 9 PM. This system made me feel horrible until I caved in, I had no escape valve and the stress went accumulating until relapse or searching files/magazines for P. So to ''stop using the internet'' is a solution I've taken already and will continue to do. The rest of the 50% is finding an enjoyable hobby that relieves stress and relaxes me. Any recommendations?

TL;DR I hate work and relapse because of it. How do I learn to love work?

Extra TL;DR Need a hobby that relaxes and relieves stress. Recommendations?

Jocker likes this.
  2. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

The best way of getting rid of stress is by working out or Doing any kind of activity that involves sweating moving your body and keep yourself active and Busy.
    Hope this helps

gottagetback likes this.
  3. gottagetback

gottagetback Fapstronaut

I do martial arts and occasionally lift weights, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Or maybe it is... I've been slacking a bit lately :p
    Thanks anyways!

4. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

The best way to relieve stress is to go for hiking or trekking for a week.
    You need to change some lifestyle frequently

5. gottagetback

gottagetback Fapstronaut

That sounds great, but unfortunately, that's not possible atm. Thanks for the tip, will keep it in mind.

6. AlbertCarlsson

AlbertCarlsson Fapstronaut

Go with your friend and buy yourselves gym memberships. Then choose a programme which will guide your completely what exercises to do, in what order, sets/rest ratio, all that stuff. Right now I'm doing modified version of this routine: https://stronglifts.com/5x5/ and I'm getting strength gains pretty much every week. Plus strength training is in my opinion super fun and at the same time more demanding than a typical bodybuilding routine. But choose anything you want, at the beginning you'll gain strength and some muscle mass basically doing any programme if you really put effort into it.
    About "loving the work" at school, hmm I have a different opinion about it. School system is a lot to blame for the lack of devotion to learning, really. I used to hate learning unimportant and totally irrelevant shit that school swamps us with, except 2-3 subjects. Now I'm in college on the course that I have picked and I feel motivated all of a sudden. I look forward to going to classes, sometimes research stuff by myself facultatively, etc. Man, I could write an essay regarding the topic, but I don't want to get too deep into it. Just try to pass everything that you have to and focus on the subjects that really interest you. Good luck

gottagetback likes this.
  7. gottagetback

gottagetback Fapstronaut

Thank you for the response! I can't do any more exercise than I already do because otherwise my muscles are too tense, says my massager. I do 3 days of TKD and 1 day of weights.
    Also, thanks, it encourages me that Uni will be better, especially if I chose the studies I like.