1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else hate Tim Hortons coffee?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LEPAGE, Nov 22, 2017.

1. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

This subject will likely be foreign to all but Canucks. Up here there is almost literally a Tim Hortons joint on almost every corner. When I was in university, there was quite literally one in every building. Needless to say, they are quite popular up here.

I have a confession to make. I think Tim Hortons coffee sucks! One of the worst I've ever had! I think I could make a better brew filtering my underpants. So I'm wondering, anyone else feel the same?

A bit of background, I am just old enough to remember the original Tim Hortons, when employees would get up in the wee hours of the morning and actually mix and bake cakes, donuts, etc, rather than the "defrosts" they do now. I loved going in there as a kid, and seeing the different cakes and pies available for purchase in the case. It had much more of a diner feel back in those days, when you could order a slice of fresh pie or cake and sit at the counter with it sipping your coffee. I loved the Black Forest Cake, which we would buy for special events. I have always lamented what Tim Hortons has turned into, and as an adult I have found that I greatly dislike their coffee, despite the millions of purchases they gain each day.

So, anyone else hate their coffee? I can make better at home for less.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  2. Im not a fan of most coffee and love tea, but I will say I tried Tim Hortons and absolutely love it! Double double is my favourite honestly, they just need to open more of the shops here. lol

LEPAGE likes this.
  3. Dont think we have Tim Hortons coffee here, I drink something called Zoega but Im not much of a coffee drinker, Drink more Tea nowdays.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

We have Tim Hortons in Ohio, and while I don't go there much anymore, because I'm trying to get away from carbs and sugar, I have to say, I think their food and coffee is pretty good. McDonalds is famous for having really hot coffee, which has advantages; but one thing I always liked about Timmy Hos was that I could start drinking the coffee right away.

I agree with you, I can make better coffee at home. I like my coffee strong, and Tim Horton's isn't quite as strong as I'd like. Still, I think it's pretty good, in my opinion. Sorry this isn't what you were looking for!

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

It tastes like monkey poop. McDonalds is where it's at.

LEPAGE likes this.
  6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Never heard of Tom Hertins

{Ananta} likes this.
  7. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

It's okay in my opinion, but i'd rather buy a bag of coffee from the grocery store and make it at home.

LEPAGE likes this.
  8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Honestly, I never drank coffee in my life, but I have had coffee-flavoured sweets before. My tastes may not be so influenced by coffee, which is why I find anything coffee-flavoured to be disgusting, and I just applied that to coffee as a whole.

Tim Hortons doughnuts are quite delish though when I had them in Canada, I'll give them that

9. BetterMan123

BetterMan123 Fapstronaut

Timmies coffee sucks. I drink it because I like coffee, and am Canadian.

LEPAGE likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

LEPAGE likes this.
  11. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Typical that Jim Green and the boys would make Lahey the coffee mule once he finally got back on the force.

Knighthawk and Deleted Account like this.
  12. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I've played coffee mule a few times; half an hour in the drive-thru getting fifteen different orders, and nothing for myself.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I keep hearing that more and more. I think the free coffee days are working for Ronald.

14. Only in Nova Scotia where you're allowed entry back into the police force after attempted murder with a gas tank, cutting break lines and pointing a gun at a person on live tv!

Knighthawk and LEPAGE like this.
  15. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I think the police union had more than a hand in his wonky reinstatement, and the government probably didn't want to be accused of unfair treatment due to Lahey's propensity to rehearse for a play at the Blandford Recreation Center.

I wonder if the eclaires were from Timmys.

Deleted Account and Knighthawk like this.
    LEPAGE likes this.
  17. Jerk Reaction

Jerk Reaction Fapstronaut

I hate Tim Horton's coffee, but then I hate the whole atmosphere in their locations. Much prefer small independent coffee shops with some personality.

18. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I've heard the tall tale that Tim's puts LSD in their coffee, and that's why they are so popular. I know it's crazy, but my personal dislike of their coffee's distinct flavour has always made me wonder if it could possibly be true.

19. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

This is one reason I don't go there. I still remember the atmosphere of the old Tim Hortons. I wish there were at least some classic locations around serving the classic menu, but all I see are the cookie-cutter fast food joints they favour now.

20. What a fitting thread, "A friend of mine" work in a Tim Horton, he's the "Evening Shift supervisor".

Let me tell you one thing, Tim Horton is poorly managed, the company makes horrible decision that even the owner of the franchises find dumb. Just a few days ago they rolled out new registers, it changed the whole UI. people that have been working there for 15 years are just so lost and as good as beginner.

The whole thing sucks too you need to press one more button for most of the thing, which makes command taking longer.

They keep the coffee 20 mins before throwing it away, but thats no good, everyone thinks Mcdonald's is better.

If you want it better you can only pick the decaf one because its kept in proper thermos so it can last an hour.

It doesn't help that we miss labor in my city, they're obligated to close during nights since this summer. (the company charges the owner a "fine" for closing during nights btw, its dumb)

They also get rid of popular products, the latest being the Cheese & steak sandwich (our best seller sandwich).

They replaced it with the Steak chipotle sandwich.

"oh you like this 1$ pastry I see? aight lets split it into small bites and sell'em 40 cents each"

Don't eat sandwiches

iirc the company was bought out by foreigners a bit ago.

Go for a small coffee shop, help the local economy.

LEPAGE likes this.