1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Progress or Large Change

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 22, 2017.

Tags:

Which strategy for instilling self-discipline is more effective?

1. Slow Progress

83.3%
  2. Mass Change

16.7%
  1. I need to instill self-discipline in order to finally break free of this fake freedom. However, I need advice on how to start.

Motivational videos always say that you need to change right now, this exact second, to be successful. They say to just go throught the pain.

How effective exactly is that in real life? And is it better to implement slow change rather than a massive overhaul? Thanks!

2. Harry Maclad

Harry Maclad Fapstronaut

I say slow change is better because you are more likely to get results and its more realistically possible.

3. Crash95

Crash95 Fapstronaut

Yes and that`s right. They tell you to start now not to start doing everything at once. The key point is to start with little things like cleaning, doing laundry. If you did what you wanted to do then you will feel good at the end of the day. So next day you can try to achieve maybe 2 things (or you can stay at a single action if you don`t feel ready yet). And So on.

But you have to start now! Don`t say oh I am so tired today I will start tomorrow. Or the weather is not good for doing xy. There are thousands of excuses not to start. But you have to implement routines as little as they might be.

Hope that will help you to start

4. DIYAS1

DIYAS1 Fapstronaut

All I can say is that different approaches work for different people.

5. pathetic guy

pathetic guy Fapstronaut

I say slow progress. We have to learn about the beast that we're up against.

I think a huge change will only set the person up for a big let down. Only the most disciplined could handle a huge change. WE are not very disciplined, probably by nature.