1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion is Bs

A group of agnostic and atheist fapstronauts to get come together chat about recovery.

1. arguing is such a good pmo distraction tbh

Bullarrd and Deleted Account like this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

@latinboypr you didn't cite your personal experiences that conflict with the Christian belief system. . .

So . . . is that something you are ashamed of?

Ba dum tss

3. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

What are your reasons for being atheist...?

As @tweeby so nicely put, why do you not believe in God...?

...because no matter what anyone labels themselves as, it says nothing but that person too is confused about existence. No amount of knowledge on either side will make your argument right or wrong..am I right or wrong? All a label does is cause separation from uncertainty...sounds familiar doesn't it? It's only human to try to leave behind what they don't know, especially when it's to adopt something else they don't know...seeing this redundancy in human reasoning isn't it more fair to argue from the point I could be right, but I could be wrong...? Therefore seeing as we all have an underlying knowledge of this, the only reason you would blatantly provoke people who believe in God, which has stirred Christians and atheists alike, is to talk about a theory you've just discovered. So, I implore you, tell me why it is you don't believe a God exists?

(I've only read the first page so any responses after that page which may answer my question, I have not seen it)

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

I have found my answer, but please elaborate.

5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I wish more people were like you. Being respectful is something that doesn't come around much these days.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

My bad should've been more specific with who I was addressing, what with all the quotes. That question was for the OP, @latinboypr, I was just using the excerpt from your response to prove a point.

Also thank you because you've portrayed my point perfectly

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

You have NOT found your answer, you have only found a reason to keep those around you happy (whether you're happy within yourself is another matter altogether) -and that currently is your religion.

9. Since starting my NoFap journey I've been constantly learning, and while my withdrawals are unchanged I've at least been bettering my attitude and self. We all have our beliefs but at the end of the day we shouldn't be berating or ridiculing people over them, it doesn't improve our lives and we gain nothing except frustration and anger.

Like when I see a post and a person says they don't like something and I love it, I get offended or annoyed and try arguing about it. There's no point to it, it's a waste of energy and that person's opinion or belief shouldn't bother me. Same goes to here, if somebody believes in religion let them be and vice versa for atheism, let's all just get along.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
    MLMVSS and SolitaryScribe like this.
  10. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

Hmm..well as we all have the ability to reason, yet we don't have all the answers, I find it somewhat soothing that there is an ultimate being who does have all the answers.

Besides that I've noticed if you question a person's belief system long enough they will either state a fallacy (which most are reluctant to admit) or they will reach the limit of their reasoning. That led me to hypothesize that if God, an all-knowing being, has the ultimate ability to reason then it is very possible he has a belief system. Not only that, but the logical belief system you debunked because no human being can attain such a belief system due to our uncertainty. So I decided to question God's belief system, how would he look at such and such according to scripture, what does he think of this, why is such and such the way it is and so on and so forth. So far every answer I've come up with has been perfect. No holes, no uncertainties, nothing.

It opens your eyes to how murky a ckeae cup of water gets when you give it to humans to handle. The best part is, if God's knowledge is insurmountable then that means unlimited questions to ask upon meeting that being. To have to answer to every question my mind can fathom is my aspiration. So far I have found the most logical answers questioning God, and beings humans tend to ask the same questions generation after generation, it's nice to be able to share my findings and their explanations.

11. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

I meant I found my answer as to why @latinboypr does not believe in God...also i have no religion.

12. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

A book that does not get enough recognition, in my opinion, is Atheism: The Case Against God, by Smith. On reading it, I found that every definition of God that I had ever heard of was nonsense. I understand that this is my personal discovery based on the book. Maybe you will come to a different conclusion. You will not know until you read it.

Peace!

The Passenger likes this.
  13. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Gods are lies. Fortunately, we do not need them. The world has all the help we need right here.

14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have never found a religion that did more good than harm.