1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Journey for freedom

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. ProdigalSon74

ProdigalSon74 Fapstronaut

I have been a Christian my whole life and never really had any doubts about the Father, Son, and Holy ghost. I have been a believer and always will be, but I face the burden of PMO in my life and have endured it for over a decade. I joined nofap to have a place to open up with people like me because these days its hard to meet people who understand that. I hope this community of Christian Fapstronauts is as dedicated to the Lord as they claim and I hope we can help each other rise above our demons and serve the Lord faithfully.

2. Helping others is the key to help oneself. Here you can feel free to open yourself to others without being judged and this what I think is the most important. I believe that God and Jesus will always be here to help and support us but they won't be the ones shutting down your computer when you are about to give up to the temptation because we also need to do things on our own, to prove that we are worthy of his Kingdom. This website helps us to stay in the good path, the path the Lord approves. So brother @ProdigalSon74 I really think that you are in the good place if you seek redemption.

3. ProdigalSon74

2 days into my streak and I have to say its been pretty good. I often feel terrible if I do any PMO on a Sunday, but I know now that I don't need to be so down on myself about it. Truth is, we sin everyday and in God's eyes all sin is the same; so there is really no reason to feel defeated. As long as you feel repentance in your heart God will understand and help you. Psalm 23:4 - Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: thou art with me; thy rod and staff will protect me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. ProdigalSon74

Just dealt with an intense rush of temptation today, but luckily did not break. I know it says to not focus on the flesh and focus on the spirit, but how exactly can that be done when your brain has rushes of PMO memories?

5. Foster2020

Foster2020 Fapstronaut

Philipians 4 : 6,7

6. ProdigalSon74

Temptation seems to come at me in waves these days. One minute I feel fine and out of nowhere I find myself having to sit and contemplate my thoughts in some sort of mental battle. Try as I might I cannot bring myself to pray only because I cannot bring my mind into a state of peace that prayer requires when speaking to God. Only thing I can do is try and remember God's word, usually Romans 12:2; but still, the battle goes on regardless.

7. ProdigalSon74

I find myself craving old habits today. Memories from years of temptation come and go in an effort to pull me back into the pit of sin, but I am trying to let the Lord work in these troubling times.

8. ProdigalSon74

Over the past few days I have relapsed in my addiction multiple times; and while I feel a great disappointment in myself, I don't let it consume me. Over the course of this past year, I have gained much insight into my addiction both physically and spiritually. I know now that I mustn't give into despair, but rather seek forgiveness and move forward. One question that has been on my mind recently is how one can achieve physical, mental, and spiritual discipline; because those are what I believe I need to achieve in order to escape the sin of PMO.

9. ProdigalSon74

Lately I find myself contemplating my solitude not only in PMO, but in my life in general. I have always been somewhat of an introvert and consider whether or not PMO was the only cause of that. I seek companionship the same as many of the people on this website; but I look at people who have friends who they hang out with or talk to on a daily basis and wonder if I will achieve such a thing. I believe God never leaves us alone, and perhaps I just need to take time and discipline myself to in his word in order to learn to open up to the world. Overall, I hope to find people who are more like minded and truly bond as God made us to.

Deleted Account and Ikaros like this.
  10. Ikaros

Ikaros Fapstronaut

I think you said something amazing here: "I believe that God never leaves us alone." I think that is definitely something super powerful. Even when we are "alone" God is always right there with us! Thanks for the great reminder. I also agree that it is a bit difficult to make friends and bond the way God truly wants us to. In my experience, many of friendships today are centered around "having fun" which to me, is a only a small part of friendship. I have always wanted friends who call me out, make me a better person and help me to love and live for God. But, alas, it isn't easy. Luckily, God is always there for us no matter what! God is the best friend and solitude is not necessarily a bad thing!

11. ProdigalSon74

Thank you. I hope God leads you out of PMO and gives you the companionship you seek as well.

12. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

You need peace for you to pray? Isn't that backwards?
    If it's bad and all you can manage is three words, here is your prayer: "Come Holy Spirit."
    And when it's worse and you can only manage one: "help!"

13. ProdigalSon74

Never thought of it like that.

14. ProdigalSon74

I guess its just hard because I have a million thoughts running through my head and they distract me from focusing on the Lord.

15. ProdigalSon74

Lately I have been hitting a losing streak. I suppose its common for those who fall off the wagon, but it still sucks. It feels like my thoughts and impulses are just scraping at the door, clawing their way out; and it is just tormenting. Not giving up though, just need to keep going forward.

16. I just came across your post brother. I had the same feelings you have, and I am still struggling at times as you can tell from my counter. What my counter doesn't say is that I fell off after a 188 day streak :-(. You can do it, the key is to not allow the enemy to get you to say "forget it...I can't do it!" which I fell back into over the last two weeks, but no more! You can do it, I have done it, and although I am sad that I fell off the wagon I am happy that I had several successes before that, and today I CHOOSE to reflect on those instead of the loss. I joined nofap over a year ago and it truly has changed my life. Before this journey I had zero self-discipline, but now I am a totally different guy. Life doesn't run me, I run it. I read the other day, "most people simply accept their lives- they don't lead them." I lead my life now, and although at times the temptation may overwhelm me and I may fall, I can get back up, dust myself off and go at it again. I will be watching this thread brother, and I'm here to encourage you. Hang in there, we will do this together!

17. ProdigalSon74

Thanks so much man; really appreciate the support. So sorry you fell off your streak; it sounds very impressive how far you've come. The last long streak I ever did was 2 months and that was years ago. I want to learn discipline but have no idea how to go about it. How does someone discipline themselves when it is both a physical, mental, and spiritual obstacle?

18. So we all must find our own way, but I can share with you what has worked for me. I have tried to worked in each of those areas and there are things that I simply try not compromise no matter what. Daily Devotion, Meditation, and Exercise.
    1. Physical - I try to run 3 times a week for at least 3 miles per run. (This crosses over into mental and spiritual as well) when I run I have a chance to clear my mind of the days issues and focus. Usually on the Lord and his blessings on my life
    2. Mental - I meditate daily anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes using guided christian meditation (this touches the spiritual and physical as well). This gives me time to slow down and take control of my thoughts as well as my physical body.
    3. Spiritual - I do a daily devotion...everyday...even Sunday. I use a devotion called Sparkling Gems from the Greek to give me deep perspectives from scripture to think about during my meditation time and throughout the day.
    So as you can see, each discipline crosses over into the three areas you spoke of. You need to find balance in those areas. With PM I found that I was completely out of balance, everything was mental, my thought life was terrible because I didn't fill my mind with good things to think about. Do I miss one of these disciplines from time to time, yes! But I try to immediately get back into it the very next day or next opportunity I can. This last relapse happened because I compromised over the New Year holiday and didn't follow my routine.
    One more thing that I try to do everyday is something that I don't want to do or is out of my comfort zone. A phone call that I don't want to make, a task that I have been putting off, a visit that I have been avoiding. It's amazing what that does for your self-discipline. I hope this helps you in some way. You can do this, it is a hard journey, but you can find the discipline you are looking for.

19. ProdigalSon74

Well put. Thanks

20. Just wanted to share a scripture with you, one that I have posted before and will post again. But it helps me at times in my struggle, and hopefully it will encourage you today. It is in Psalms 119:36-37. 36. Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain. 37. Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Hang in there