1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. t-jam

t-jam Fapstronaut

Sure does. That was a DC flick am I right?

2. Saw Jumanji recently, and I would give it 5 stars. It was super hilarious, the acting was great, casting was perfect, and the story was captivating and different enough from the original to still be interesting and new.

3. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Gummo 8.5/10

Gives us a glimpse into a demographic where poverty is all-pervading. Can these folks see something better? And can we see beyond our own disgust?

4. I've heard the opposite... Some say Shailene Woodley made the main character more realistic than the book since she was once a teenage girl. It did make me cry a few times but it was way OTT. Also I felt like the movie wasn't for me since I'm not a teenage girl.

5. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Yup.

Not going into detail why it was terrible - so I'm just going to say I miss Christopher Nolan.

Taylor25 likes this.
  6. Insidious: The Last Key, 4/5

I liked this one sooo much better than the third one. I was really disappointed with that one. This one still doesn't match up to the first two, to me, because those ones (particularly the first) are my all time favorite horror films. But this was well done, and a good, intriguing origin story. Also had good consistency and connection to the first two films, as well.

7. The novels brings a lot of things, the movie made a skip to many of it.

8. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

"The Shape of Water" 3 stars. I heard this movie was good (92% rotten tomatoes), it is more of a chick flick. DO NOT WATCH if you are in recovery, there are several nude scenes (-1 star), there are two scenes where a woman is masturbating, a sex scene (-1 star). Other than that it was an interesting movie. I was seriously getting pissed at the masturbation scenes, I was about to stop watching, but I wanted to see the story line unfold. Hollywood movies, pfff need to keep in mind the pg/r ratings etc., people!

9. Oop, sorry.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I have no idea what was Zack Snyder doing. He just wrote a lackluster script that has no actual point to the story and everything about BvS was a plastic mess. No direction, no story, no character development, like at all. Snyder's a moron.

MJ93 likes this.
  11. Yeah, usually a film can never capture a story like a novel does. I've seen the movie Half of a Yellow Sun but I want to read the novel because apparently it's a lot better than the movie.

Master Chips likes this.
  12. American Psycho 7/10.

u376, vibemaker and pezzer like this.
  13. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Ruby Sparks 6/10

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. As an aspiring novelist I found that movie interesting. I'd go a bit higher and give it 8/10.

vibemaker likes this.
  15. Blade Runner 2049 - 10/10

What a visually stunning masterpiece!!!

Lt.dan and HooEmAi like this.
  16. the three billboards outside ebbing missouri - 100%

Taylor25 likes this.
  17. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

The only movie in my lifetime that I'd said, "I GOTTA get to the theater to see this." And I didn't get to the theater to see it. Damnit. I'll be watching it from a laptop at home, lmao. Can't wait to watch it.

Lt.dan likes this.
  18. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

All the Money in the World has very good acting, interesting true story.

19. Lt.dan

Lt.dan Fapstronaut

How many out of 10 pal?

20. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'd give it an 8.5. Michelle Williams is a great actress. Christopher Plummer is always magnificent and Wahlberg was solid in a supporting role.

Lt.dan likes this.