Calling all vegans

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Uncultivated, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

What's the relationship between your veganism and your PMO goals?

I'm vegetarian, off and on vegan. I'm celebit and a 420 head.

One thing I've noticed is that less meat means less testosterone ... as does less PMO... so im also interested in ways the community interacts with the awareness of their changing testosterone levels.

pezzer and Deleted Account like this.
  2. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

Testosterone is not a problem on a plant based diet.

3. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Since eating less meat and dairy, I feel healthier. That's all I can say, really. I eat a lot of lentils, tempeh, eggs/egg whites, and some fish for protein. Get a lot of good foods in from the carb/fat sources. I feel pretty good on a high protein (1g per lb. BW), moderate fat (55-60g per day for hormonal health) and intuitive starch/sugar consumption based upon satiety.

pezzer and Uncultivated like this.
  4. RecoveringFapaholic

RecoveringFapaholic Fapstronaut

Although I'm not a vegan, I disagree that less meat equals less testosterone. In fact, some studies have shown that diets heavy in animal products actually decrease testosterone. Livestock are pumped with hormones (including estrogen) before they're slaughtered.

5. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

In this way of eating, it's important to note, that it's only optimal, if you don't have exact goals of body weight gain or loss.

6. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Absolutely! The sad truth is that it can likely be seen that testosterone is higher in men who cut down on meat/dairy sources with an abundance of fat in them. The exogenous hormones that wreak havoc are mostly fat-soluble.

7. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

Eat only fruits and vegetables and drink only water ^_^

8. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

U sure?

9. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

What about oats, quinoa, wheat, rice, beans, legumes, nuts, honey, etc?

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  10. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

I agree. My diet is almost 100% identical to urs

HooEmAi likes this.
  11. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

That's good to know, ty brother

12. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

Nah, I just do it for health

13. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

TY for this knowledge brother!

HooEmAi likes this.
  14. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

HAHAHAHA nopeeeeeeee

Uncultivated likes this.
  15. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I cut out milk and meat but I continue to eat things with egg in unfortunately although supposedly that's got a lotta protein in it so yay at least

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Uncultivated likes this.
  16. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

G4u bro

pezzer likes this.
  17. BeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes Fapstronaut

I answered the call! Yes, veganism does support a good streak. I personally know this. Veganism is the new communism.

18. Uncultivated

Uncultivated Fapstronaut

Lol

BeautyForAshes likes this.
  19. Hi!
    After researching nutrition for ~a year, I went wholefoods plant-based vegan 6 months ago and was able to heal the chronic inflammation of my knees with it. As a dancer, I've never felt lighter or stronger.

Testosterone isn't an issue on a vegan diet, in fact, dairy contains 34 different hormones (it's baby cow growth fluid after all), which can mess with your body quite a bit. I'll leave this article here if you want to look into it more: https://nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/12/less-cancer-in-vegan-men-despite-more-testosterone/

EDIT: Since I've cut out most processed food with this diet change, I have felt a lot less food-related cravings. I've also noticed that I'm more sensitive towards violence and other's emotions. Not sure if there's a direct link to nofap though.

Vulkan likes this.
  20. Hi, for me, going vegan was one of the best decisions alongside with no pmo.
    Before I was addicted to both of them...

I actually believed pmo and eating meat, was best for health that way. Boy, what was i foolish. The human body is not optimal for digesting meat, it is possible, but just not optimal (look at human anatomy, compared to that of a carnivore).
    We are genetically closer to monkeys than to lions for example. Therefore our diet should be more comparable to that of a monkey instead of a lion right. If you put a chicken next to a monkey he would not kill eat it, unless there is nothing else to eat.

The human meat addiction is an unnatural addiction, a small child wouldnt have the inclination to kill a rabbit and eat it for example (probably more inclination to cuddle it), I believe our natural state would be definitively vegan. We can process meat like we can process candybars, but its far from optimal, only in case when there are no other options for survival it would be recommened .