1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Sex: Sex as nature intended

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Jan 22, 2018.

1. I found this extremely helpful to listen to so I'm posting it here. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything in it but it had some logic and philosophy that's hard to dismiss and very applicable to addicts, possibly uncovering the source of much sexual dysfunction that seems to be widespread in society. One big takeaway for me was using sex (and by extension my spouse) as a tool for pleasure instead of bonding activity, let alone being open to children and growing s family, which is the biological purpose of sex. Also the closing line: "Women's bodies are perfect as they are. They don't need to be suppressed by chemicals and hormones. They need to be understood." Opened my eyes further to how I see my wife's body as a thing to use instead of a person to love. MP3 is $2.50 and there's a free audio clip in the link:

https://www.lighthousecatholicmedia.org/store/title/green-sex-the-case-for-natural-family-planning

moonshapedpool and Hopefulgirl like this.
  2. Abraxas_H

Abraxas_H Fapstronaut

I find the idea of viewing and using my wife in this way as rather uncomfortable (for me). I guess if you're both on-board and experimenting, it could be something worth checking out. As a non-believer, I don't believe in devine plans and fate; the idea that sexuality has an innate purpose or function. Each to their own unique version of sexuality. I enjoy sex as an expression of attraction, feeling and connection.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. The talk mentions how sex is so primordial (i.e. basic) to human existence that it shouldnt be lightly tampered with or artificially manipulated. Kind of like how eating food is basic for survival but making ourselves vomit would be contrary (i.e. unnatural or unhealthy) to eating (or the purpose of eating). Since the widespread use of hormones to manipulate the human reproductive system is fairly modern, we are still learning about it's long term side effects. I dare say the pharmaceutical companies and the sexual revolution, which demands sex at any cost, has held this research back. But as the "green movement" continues to gain steam, people are taking a closer look at how these chemicals affect the human body and the population ad a whole (not to mention the environment).

For example, I did not know that male semen can help increase a woman's testosterone level (which can be out of balance from taking estrogen in birth control). It can also help the woman's body identify pregnancy as non threatening to the body and thus reduce risk for preeclampsia. If you regularly use a condom, you would not experience those same benefits.

moonshapedpool likes this.
  4. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

So, the Church was right all along? Again? ;)

5. moonshapedpool

moonshapedpool Fapstronaut

I admit the phrase 'green sex' caught my eye and brought me here. That's probably the best, 'PC' expression I've ever seen for the Catholic Church/NFP's philosophy.

6. jamin528

jamin528 New Fapstronaut

I’m a little lost. Is “green sex” simply not using condoms and lubes? I’ve never heard the term before.

7. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

It's recognising the natural dual purposes of sex, that it is unitive and procreative, and treating it that way.

8. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

These can be very dangerous blanket statements to make. There are so many medical factors that can determine a woman's testosterone/estrogen level. As for the pre-eclampsia claim, do a little personal research. While there are a few articles out there claiming vaginal semen *may* help prevent pre-eclampsia, the bigger study, while inclusive, states that swallowing semen after oral sex can greatly reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia. Both methods are in dire need of further medically backed research.

I would be very careful about putting too much stock into claims such as these. Not only are they outlandish, they could be dangerous to a woman's health. It seems that the author is more of a charlatan digging for "new and improved" ideas of natural family planning to pad his book for market. Most people, religious or not, that would adhere to natural family planning already practice the fundamentals that are provided in every other NFP guide.

Jennica likes this.
  9. "Can" is not the same as "will". No blanket statements were made. However I would avoid blanket statements like "charlatan" until you've listened to the talk.