1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Ok guys, I'm sorry for losing faith temporarily. It happens sometimes for me.

What really helps me right now, is listening to Alan Watts: "Life is basically lived as an act of faith. An adventure into the unknown. To the degree that you see things for what they really are, regardless of whether you like it or not, this realisation is the way to really attain the ability to let go" (paraphrased a little)

DerNeuMann likes this.
  2. Josh.stalz

Josh.stalz Fapstronaut

Thanks, guys I just realized what a flatline is. I know you guys were saying I was in one but because this was first I have had one. I didn't quite grasp what it truly was. Usually, I can find my motivation but recently I haven't been able to. This has led to questioning what I really care about. But now I know that this is just a flatline

3. Single Palm Change

Ok. I tried to "jump into the furnace". I lay down on the floor, set a timer for 30 minutes and tried to fully feel my anxiety and my fear, and not run away. It was very difficult. My back pain erupted, my stomach acted up, the body kept bringing up signals. I don't feel that I "got anywhere" at all.
    It felt like trying to prick a hole in a sheet of 2-inch steel using a carrot.
    But somehow my mood is lighter. I am brewing a cup of tea in my thermo and going for a walk. Hopefully I can resume work on my project when I return.

@DerNeuMann Thanks for your reply before. I am getting through this. I took some measures and hopefully my finances will keep up at least temporarily. I think this is a challenge that can turn out positively for me, if I act the right way. This can be an opening instead of a disaster.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  4. Single Palm Change

Good attitude. NoFap can bring many temporary changes to your energy and motivation, but it is important to keep looking at the big picture. You are doing just that!
    Your post inspired me to do the same. Thank you.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  5. ChainBreaker

ChainBreaker Fapstronaut

2/5. I was with my friends today, had a great day.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Hurrah!! Glad you're able to do that!

7. THJohnFTH

THJohnFTH Fapstronaut

Day 2/14 done!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  8. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Back on track!

THJohnFTH likes this.
  9. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Day 1/14.

So a new start today. Tonight was interesting, and I’ll be working the whole day tomorrow so I’m glad that I don’t have to spend the whole saturday home with all the tempetations and stuff.

This sounds not easy. Wish you strength.

10. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

11. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

I am on Day 31. Reaching my target. Today i safe myself for PM. I was nearly doing masturbate, but stopped it. You know, psychologically toughness is important for stopping masturbate. I think, only man can be successful who is mentally strong no this plate form.

TC10 and DerNeuMann like this.
  12. basitjee

basitjee Fapstronaut

Very near to my target that is 31/33

13. Josh.stalz

Josh.stalz Fapstronaut

Day one was good

basitjee and DerNeuMann like this.
  14. 20/21. Next challenge will be 30 days.

15. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Doing well. Sounds like a close one!

16. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Day 5 today almost day 6! Sorry I haven’t been posting much lately, been busy!

17. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Busy is good!

18. My goal was 31 days. However, today I relapsed. The positive side is that I am proud of going 26 days without PMO'ing.
    I did not use P, but I still MO'd. Can I reward myself with the video game I wanted? :emoji_sweat:

I don't want to lose hope now, is what I am trying to say. I want 2018 to be a different, positive year for me and so far it's going great!

I am already setting my next goal. My next goal is March 31st. Almost 60 days - I hope I succeed.

Adam Grundy likes this.
  19. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

6/8 and feeling the love from this thread. Therapy has opened up some wounds but its going to benefit my life hugely. Working out during urges is making me stronger and focused too. But its utilising you guys on here that keeps me pushing fowards.