1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

OPINION: Millennials are a disgrace in humanity history

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 21, 2018.

1. It's the truth.

I was born in 1991 and I'm almost 27 but I'm uncomfortable calling myself a millennial because I have a very good taste in things. I'm one of the smartest non-millennials in the world than those clueless, spoiled millennials. Lots of them are spoiled brats who love to control thing. This generation blows.

2. “The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

3. Oh? did I mention my quote above is from Socrates who lived 500 years before Jesus?

The complaint that "this generation" is spoiled, self centered and not as good as the previous generation is about as old as recorded history.

--> L

4. IncorrigibleVillain

IncorrigibleVillain Fapstronaut

"I'm one of the smartest non-millennials in the world than those clueless, spoiled millennials"

Are you just trying to stroke your ego or what's your point?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Moatasem, Marcus444, Hitto and 6 others like this.
  5. Shapirous

Shapirous Fapstronaut

6. This, completely. I hate people that behave this way. I'm 18 and I prefer to call adults "sir" or "ma'am", for example. I would loathe to be one of these people and I try to be the complete opposite.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with enjoying luxury. It's just people these days, especially at the age we're talking about, enjoy it a little too much.

7. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I think the problem is the media and the disorientation and confusion that comes with it. A lot of this young kids and also older ones don't consume it, they get consumed by it. This is the problem and the outdated school system. I think the millenials bring a lot of wisdom within to the world, just like generations before also, but most can't use it, because they get overwhelmed with this shitload of media-shit. Shit shit shit.

And why listen to authority? Look at the heads of the system - People with old-fashioned ideas of the world. Why should anyone, who could use onces intelligence, listen to such shit?!

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Apparently 1995 is now on the border with Gen Z, and some studies even include us in Gen Z, and I’m completely fine with that.

I think with facts and not with feelings. I don’t consider myself entitled simply because I’m living, but because I’m a hard worker. People my age fail to realise this, but I’m unsure this because of our age or the way parents raised us (them). Many times it’s not easy to relate.

9. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

What an arrogant thing to say. Smart people don’t people don’t go around proclaiming how smart they are, only fools do that.

10. lol is this guy trolling? I feel like one of the "smartest non-millennials" would have better sentence structure than this

11. Wow, take cover, shots are being fired. I was born in the young '97 and people say I was born late

12. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Young people are terrible but so are people of all ages. Was it the millennials that elected Trump? I go to college and interact with millennials everyday. They commonly have a lot of bad tendencies especially caused by emerging technologies Imo. But are they the ones to blame for that? I don't know. I definitely see where your coming from but we are not that bad. Everyone seems impatient shallow and self obsessed, but there's still a kindness that persists. Work on getting to know people before making assumptions; Its easy to label groups and blame them for your problems but it didn't work out so well for the Nazis...

13. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

1. Only tasteless people go around saying "I have good taste"
    2. Smart people don't go around saying they're smart.
    3. Real smart people don't look down on others for being less intelligent. They realize not everyone can be smart, and that everyone has their own shortcomings.
    4. Name calling is exactly the kind of behavior that a spoiled brat would have.

14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

millenials elected obummer twice and are on the wrong side of things on pretty much all the major issues.

15. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

You can brag about how smart you are, just be sure you can back it up.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

Every generation has its cretins. From acid-tripping baby-boomers to grunge-loving Gen-X'ers to social media-obsessed Millennials. The key is to take what past generations did well and emulate.

The 1960s had great music, scientific innovations, and cultural revolutions such as Brown v Board of Education. However, it was also the decade we lost confidence in our government with the Vietnam War and Watergate.

17. Remember that quote was made about a generation that died 500 years before Jesus was born, not about the millennials.

That was in my 2nd post.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. I was born in 1991 too mate, but that doesn't mean shite. The year somebody is born doesn't dictate how they are or behave as a person, anyone has the capability to be a twat regardless.

19. IncorrigibleVillain

IncorrigibleVillain Fapstronaut

If anything, some of the Gen Z are obnoxious because their parents didn't/don't know how to raise them.

But what Taylor is doing is simply misdirecting his hate and negative emotions on other people. you can do it with the other gender or another race, with gays etc...

If you go out there and simply say 'all of these are shit' even though the individuals greatly differ, then you simply don't have the first clue about logical-coherent and objective thinking.

People who talk trash about others they don't even know are losers.

20. Who you are really comes down to how you were raised as well as some external/environmental factors as well, so for him to generalise like that based solely off a year is pretty stupid. But really, it's just a weird thing to whinge about in the first place.