1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bible and Semen Retention

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. I want to ask christians, is there are verses that talks about semen retention in the bible?

2. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Not that I'm aware of, but the early church fathers do talk about wet dreams. Is there anything specifically you want to know?

MLMVSS likes this.
  3. Yes, what is side effects of wet dreams from biblical wordview? God created ejaculation for procreation, but man loses vitamins and minerals with semen, and yet bible says that it's not good for man withhold his body from wife. This is where i get confusion.

4. SolitaryScribe

The focus within a biblical perspective isn't so much on the consequence of the body. It's more on the consequence on the soul.

A mother's breast milk takes a lot of energy and vitamins from her body, it also takes the calcium she needs for her own bones. All of this in order to feed her child.
    A man looses vitamins and minerals and even shortens his life in order to produce life. When there is a gain, there always has to be a loss, or rather sacrifice.

As for wet dreams, the fathers teach as to why they occur, and how to stop them from occurring. Not in the sense that it's wrong but rather that you might have full control over yourself even while you sleep.

This part in the bible is in response to the reality that if you are married, you should not withhold sex lest you burn with temptation. It's essentially trying to prevent you from falling into sin either by fornicating or masturbating. If we're being realistic with ourselves, sexual urges aren't something we can just brush off for the sake of semen retention. Unless you were called to live a celibate life that is.

5. I always though that in order to create life you have sacrifice little of yours. That's why women can live longer than man, because man release his life force more often. I always felt lifeless after masturbation, like i lost part of my life, but now in semen retention i back to my old self.

6. SolitaryScribe

Did you forget women lose about a cup of blood each month for the sake of being able to have a child. And that in of it's self is not guaranteed. I say in general, women lose much more than men when it comes to producing life.

But to me that's the beauty of it, life would have little significance if we lost nothing for it. But the mere fact that our own life force is taken from us to be given to someone else is something very biblical. God himself had to breathe life into Adam. God simply could have said, yo bro come alive, but he didn't. He gave a part of himself that man can come to life.

Future role model likes this.
  7. Deutoronomy 23:10- If one of your men is unclean because of a nocturnal emission, he is to go outside the camp and stay there.

Leviticus 15:16-18- If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water and be unclean until the evening. And every garment and every skin on which the semen comes shall be washed with water and be unclean until the evening. If a man lies with a woman and has an emission of semen, both of them shall bathe themselves in water and be unclean until the evening.

8. SolitaryScribe

So it's essentially saying you need to wash yourself after sploojing in your pants... makes sense to me.

9. Budh

Budh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Women biologically speaking don't live longer than men. The reason that on average they outlive men is because men take more risks in their lives due to various reasons like dangerous jobs, stupid risk taking when younger, more prone to drug and alcohol abuse, a lot more prone to suicide etc. Women tend not to take risks and are a lot more cautious.

Lets not forget how many women from the past decade or so have lived over the age of 100 compared to men, and then look at the fact that there were two world wars where roughly 35 million men died due to battle in those wars.

Some also say that wives stress their husbands out too much and this could be a contributing factor to men not living as long as their wives, though I don't think there has ever been a study into this :emoji_laughing:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Lonewolfpt likes this.
  10. shadow500

shadow500 New Fapstronaut

Proverbs 31:3 talks about not wasting your strength on women.

11. Hopingforfreedom

Hopingforfreedom Fapstronaut

NOT QUITE: The rule is that of so-called nocturnal emissions; an inadvertent flow of semen by a man. When this happens to a man, especially in God’s war camp, he must leave the camp until he is ritually purified. This is not some kind of strange superstition rather it is illustrative of a profound God-principle. So just as a woman is declared impure by the onset of her monthly cycle in her reproductive system, so is a man declared impure by an unintended emission from his reproductive organ. In one case a human egg is rejected as not viable and in the other sperm is spontaneously ejected but without an opportunity to create new life. Impurity happens to both the male and female in this case because of a misuse of God’s procreative system even if it’s unavoidable. However by definition this failure of procreation whereby not all eggs survive and not all sperm meant for fertilization are put to their intended good use, is the result of mankind’s sinful nature and condition. Death of those ovum and sperm should never be for they contain life, precious life.
    Notice that until now we are talking about UNINTENTIONAL emission and that steps were given by God to restore someone to a PURE state when that could not be avoided. But INTENTIONALLY spilling your life giving semen and killing what is intended to create life is a BIG DEAL to God!!!

The next few verses say this in relation to the spilling of man's seed and why it's a serious thing with God:
    For Lord your God moves about in your camp to rescue you and to hand over your enemies to you. Therefore your camp must be a holy place. God should not see anything indecent among you, or he will turn away from you. This is to be an example of YOUR BODY and the spirit of the living God in you!!!
    1 Peter 2:11
    Beloved, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from the desires of the flesh, which war against your soul.
    1 Corinthians 6:20
    you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.
    Romans 12:1 1Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God,which is your spiritual service of worship. 2Do not be conformed to this world,
    Colossians 3:5, NIV: "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry." ... Don't be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world."

12. spin89

spin89 Fapstronaut

Jonah 3:8 KJV

But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.

13. First off, semen retention is not releasing.

I do remember the bible (byington) referring to nocturnal emissions by soliders of war. The account stated that they would become unclean when such happened, and would separated from the other soliders. Leviticus, i believe.

14. They would undergo a cleansing period of seven days.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. In line with the statement... god loves cleanliness.