1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex is true marriage

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Just finished reading this: http://www.isawthelightministries.com/marriage.html It really makes sense to me, if you open minded person i recommend to think about this. I always thought that sex is very serious act and not just a play, it was good decision to not to lose virginity. Damn... MGTOW was right about modern age marriage; it is nonsense and not worth it.

2. Not true at all. Plenty of people out there have amazing marriages, myself included. Its definitely not "nonsense." Stop allowing yourself to be brainwashed by stupid groups like MGTOW who are operating on dramatics and overinflating a problem that is not nearly as common as they make it sound. If you got off the internet completely for a few months and just lived in the real world, I'm sure you would see plenty of benefits to marriage.

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

While there are legitimate issues in both of these groups, both MGTOW and third-wave feminism are turning into gender-bashing cults. I’ve had women with glasses and short blue/green hair glaring at me and insulting me and my masculinity whenever I held a door open for them to the point where I purposely go out of my way and do it JUST to trigger them (many guys I know actually do the opposite and don’t even bother with them).

It’s not a healthy way to live with all the divisive stuff.

4. Timeon

Timeon Fapstronaut

The author of that link you provided argues that one does not need a wedding/ceremony or license for marriage, but sex signifies that a a man and a woman is married. That is a COMPLETE misunderstanding of the scripture.
    Marriages in the Bible were celebrated and sanctioned by the community at a wedding feast, which was practiced according to the customs of that time--customs frequently alluded to in scripture. (Isaiah 61:10, Jeremiah 2:32, Matthew 25:1-10, Matthew 22:11-12, John 3:29, Revelation 21:2, Revelation 19:8-9). These marriages carried both religious and legal weight. The Bible considers marriage a covenant before God (Malachi 2:14, Proverbs 2:17, Ezekiel 16:8). Marriage relationships were recognized and honored in the legal code (Exodus 21:1-3, Numbers 30:12-14). Marriage was lifelong (Romans 7:2, 1 Corinthians 7:39) except in cases of divorce, which was restricted (Matthew 19:8).

Biblical marriages were recognized and sanctioned in some way by the community--the ways of making it official changed from one culture to another and one time to another, but there's always some established way of doing this.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. How about adam and eve?

6. Timeon

Timeon Fapstronaut

Genesis 3:6 Adam was the husband of Eve in so we can conclude that they were married.

The first occurrence of the word wife in the Bible is found in Genesis 2:24.
    "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. 25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed," (Genesis 2:24-25).

We have to understand, that God created marriage. Adam and Eve was the first marriage. There was no ceremony involved. However if we are to refer to someone (priest, pastor etc) performing the marriage ceremony between Adam and Eve as God took Adam's rib then it was God. Hebrews 4:14 says that "Jesus the Son of God is our high priest."
    During that time, they were not subject to the law since there was no sin before their "fall." God is not subject to the laws of man. Religion (baptist, Catholic etc) are all created by man. God stated in Isaiah 55:8-9, For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.”

7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

If you’re married to everyone you’ve ever had sex with, then I have a lot of people to pay alimony to. :p

TheBigBadWolf likes this.
  8. Except marriage is a serious commitment in itself and if you can't handle the concept then you shouldn't get married, simple as that. So many people have happy and successful marriages, and just because others may have had problems or difficulties like with divorce doesn't mean marriage itself is "nonsense".

I'm tired of MGTOW and Feminism brainwashing people into attacking both genders, while there's personal experience that may make you feel a certain way its bloody daft for those groups to try and convert other people to join their belief. Marriage isn't for everyone and some can't handle it, but to say it's "not worth it" is ignorant.

9. People, usually men, say that from a financial perspective in the context of a legal marriage. To say that "it's not worth it" is a valid point considering what's at stake for a man when he gets married legally.
    [​IMG]

10. When one says something isn't worth it, the implied ending should be "for me." As in, "marriage isn't worth it, for me." Even better would be to expand the phrase further and say "for me, the rewards of marriage aren't high enough to outweigh the potential risks." Sure, there's risk in marriage. But I think a lot of people would agree that most anything worth doing in life comes with risks. The question then becomes, do the rewards outweigh the risks?

Personally, I think the rewards marriage offers far outweigh the risks, and I would say the same if I were a man. It's not that people who speak in favor of marriage are unaware of those stats or ignoring them. It's that we don't believe they outweigh the rewards, and therefore don't agree with the statement "marriage isn't worth it." To say that marriage IS worth it is not to say that it doesn't involve any risks or sacrifices. It's just to say that the rewards are worth those risks and sacrifices.

11. Ignoring how absolutely misguided these women are, I'll do the same thing. As a means of being polite, but at the same time, a means to essentially deliver the following message to women like that: ( :emoji_middle_finger: )

:emoji_grin:

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  12. Yes marriage is very serious commitment, but the problem is that our concept of marriage is different. What is marriage according to you?

13. Different to who, you? Men in general?

14. MGTOW + right =