[NoVideoGames : 100 DAY CHALLENGE]

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by TheLoneWoolf, Mar 18, 2018.

How much time do you spend on games?

1. More than 5 hrs a day

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. More than 1 hr a day

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. Less than 1 hr a day

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. once/twice in a week

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Not at all

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

I remember myself spending 10+ hours a day playing games., I wonder where I would have been if I invested all those hours in something more productive. Excessive Gaming leads to social isolation, emotional disorders , attention problems like hyperactivity etc., The list is long.
    I was isolated., I reduced gaming ( still plays a couple of hrs) and the results are promising.. So., Let's do 100 day NoVideoGames..
    Day 0:
    I just uninstalled FIFA., Planning to visit a friend

2. I put more then 1 hour because although I delete steam on the weekdays so I don't play Age Of Mythology(very addicting game) when I download it on the weekends I'll have a gaming session which is 10 hours long or longer. I am in man no more video games let's do it. Oddly enough I was thinking about making a thread like this but you beat me to it lol.

TheLoneWoolf likes this.
  3. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

Good luck, Lol, This idea struck me only a few minutes ago

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Great minds think a like!! Am I right?

TheLoneWoolf likes this.
  5. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

DAY 1: No temptations to play games today.... I just signed up on clixsense to earn some money from completing surveys etc.,

6. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

Good Luck!

leo da king likes this.
  7. Day 2 no video games. going pretty good.

TheLoneWoolf likes this.
  8. SirImprovement

SirImprovement Fapstronaut

Can I play video games ONLY to socialize with a friend(s)? My best friend and I only communicate mainly via video games, due to us being previous full-time gamers. At this point, I only play video games is just to socialize with him. What's your take OP, I'd love to join in the challenge!

TheLoneWoolf likes this.
  9. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I'm in this challenge too, the most bothering thing that games consume a lot of my time and really I should put more effort into advancing to be a better version of myself. Though my social skill will not improve at all, as I was terrible with social interactions since childhood.

Day 0:
    Uninstalled all the games from the phone, feeling a bit anxious because of the changes and also not being able to play any of them, but it's great to start and then my goal today is to study.

10. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

You set your own rules.. You can decide how hard you want it to be..

11. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

Good luck., But, cmon man change that ' I won't ever change' attitude.. Do something about it..

12. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

DAY 2:
    I had exam today.. I was busy most of the time studying..

13. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Thank you, I just be socially awkward and I've tried and people don't like me even when I try my best.
    I spend too much thinking about these things, it can lead to deeper depression and I also understood a lot of things trough of all things, the thing
    that people are quite aggressive and cold in my place. If you smile, you will be marked as ''dumb'' or something like that. It's full with negativity, also massive alcoholism and poverty, Eastern Europe stuff ex soviet country.

14. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

Oh.. I didn't know about your country's suituation.. I'd recommend this book if you haven't read it yet, 'No more mr.nice guy' by Dr.Robert Glover... If you could truly absorb the content of the book , a change is 1000% assured

meatsandwich likes this.
  15. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Thank you, I've watched the animated review of the book and it seems great, I will add it to must read list!

TheLoneWoolf likes this.
  16. Yeah I heard they had drinking problems in Russia. Welcome to the group dude.

meatsandwich likes this.
  17. Day 3 no video games day 2 no TV.

18. Power through man! Try to find something else to do like reading a book or exercising.

TheLoneWoolf and leo da king like this.
  19. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Day 1:

Feeling urge to play something, but I need to do my best to rewire my brain

-If I think, I realize that video games is the same as PMO, as they release dopamine in the brain and even by 100% increase in the dopamine comparing to levels that you have normally, this reason without them you feel down and more depressed. PMO increase dopamine levels by 200%, which is much more serious and damaging, but both things affects you.

edit: the research about dopamine increase by 100% was done in 1998, the nowadays computer games might increase even higher, as it's more bigger world and more social one there than it was back then.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  20. TheLoneWoolf

TheLoneWoolf Fapstronaut

day 3 : Feeling good...
    Thanks for the info... When you feel the urge just do something else.. call up a friend., read something or just write about your day etc.,

meatsandwich likes this.