1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest US President?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 24, 2018.

Who is the greatest US President?

1. Franklin D. Roosevelt

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Thomas Jefferson

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Harry Truman

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. James Monroe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Abraham Lincoln

23 vote(s)
    53.5%
  6. Dwight D. Eisenhower

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. George Washington

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  8. James Madison

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Theodore Roosevelt

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  10. Someone else

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Here's the poll for the US presidents.

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Even as a non-American, I'm a fan of the many of Madison's (and Hamilton's) writings in The Federalist Papers. For their presidencies themselves, Madison was the president during one of the USA's most important war victories. Washington and Jefferson both were great too.

I'm not much of a fan of FDR. In my opinion, he was the closest president to being a large-government dictator who thought he was better than Washington, enlarged the power of the president, blasted the press probably as much as Trump does now, covered up genocides done by Nazi Germany/USSR, detained Japanese-American people simply for being Japanese, etc etc.

But Americans elected him 4 times, so they found something likable in him...

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

6. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

No Andrew Jackson fans? He was pretty badass.

Who would win in a fight: Uncle Teddy or Jackson?

7. JamesMC89

JamesMC89 Fapstronaut

I think Teddy transitioned USA from just a country of colonies into a world super power in his term. I'm fond Eisenhower as well, and I often ask how would presidents like them handle today's events. Most of today's events would probably be over their heads though.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I'd say Lincoln is the best. He kept the union together when the south wanted to secede. In the process he also managed to end slavery.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Taylor25, Trappist, u376 and 2 others like this.
  10. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I voted 'Someone else' great president.

DarkwingDuck and MLMVSS like this.
  11. Yeah, I agree.

12. Where's the Calvin Coolidge representation XD

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. davem7

davem7 Fapstronaut

abraham linkoln

14. There's only room for 10 options so I had to be selective in what I chose to put in the poll.

15. United states? The thirteen colonies were far better under the British empire.

16. This is a tough one, but ill say either Lincoln or teddy.

17. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

Truman. I will die on this hill. You got a problem with Truman, you got a problem with me.

As a local politician in Missouri he once stood up in a room full of hooded Ku Klux Klansmen and called them a bunch of goddamn cowards.

He issued the executive order that de-segregated the US military.

He relieved of command in the Korean War the universally beloved American hero Douglas MacAurthur when Big Mac got out of control.

Time and again he did the right thing when it was far from the politically expedient/popular thing. He probably had the smallest ego of anyone who ever held the office. But best of all, he used to say that if he hadn't been president he would have liked to have been a piano player in a whorehouse.
    I'm no fan of FDR either but you can't hang that all on him. It was completely unjustified paranoia, but that policy had widespread public support.
    Badass indeed! But this would be a controversial one. The whole Indian Removal/Trail of Tears thing. Again, maybe 90% of Americans at that time supported Indian Removal. But Jackson defied a Supreme Court ruling in doing it. That takes him down a notch with me.

Can't make an argument against Lincoln. He was clearly up to the immense challenges of his time. I could say he did a shitty job of picking generals to command the Army of the Potomac. Except that his first choice was Robert E. Lee.