1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

changing my focus on life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Recovering PA, Apr 6, 2018.

has your relationship been saved through not PMOing

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Recovering PA

Recovering PA Fapstronaut

Hi,

I have been abstaining from PMO since the middle of January when my fiance, now my girlfriend/ lodger and by the 23rd April to be my ex girlfriend found this site. I hope the last thing doesn't happen.

My girlfriend (not a term she likes anymore) more my lodger has been looking for somewhere else to live with her daughter as she can't stay with me through this painful journey any more. Unfortunately this is something that has or will happen to a lot of us PMO Addicts on here.

I have through life buried my head in the sand over most if not all issues that are uncomfortable or too hard. Unfortunately i did the same with PMO justifying it in my head denying the real issues i have with myself, my sexuality and my view on women in general. I lost a previous marriage and my children as i never acted correctly (not through PMO directly), instead i hid from issues and should have faced them.

I feel i am slipping from the point i am trying to make which is that i need to focus the energy i used too use for PMO onto my search and pursuit for happiness and a higher consciousness. I am still figuring out what this will be as my SO has said that unless i come up with a great revelation/ epiphany in the next two days that is officially the end as she will be putting in an offer on the flat she has been to view.

I cannot use my main focus on trying to keep my SO in my life as it is not a stable place and i do not above anything else want to fall back into the PMO trap. Honestly and i never thought i would say this in Jan, Feb or March but "i would rather go without PMO for the rest of my life for the odd consensual act of sex with a loving partner" this does not mean 1 night stands but id rather O over someone in the flesh who wants me and i want them than to defile myself or any other person. This does not mean i will succeed but i have set out my stall and have every desire to stick to my plan. By putting it on here it has a date, purpose and accountability from the other users on this site.

As a footnote I have tried fleetingly, not with all i can but what i stupidly thought was enough to save my relationship and so far have failed. I do still hope that i can stay with my SO and live a happy life together but that choice is not mine to make. I am going to make my main focus this weekend my SO and our relationship in the last hope of staying together.

If this fails to work i can continue my journey as the changes i am making in my life are to ensure that:

1) I do not hurt another person in this way
    2) I appreciate and try to understand women better
    3) I grow as a person and dare i say it "A MAN"
    4) I find happiness
    5) I find love again in whatever form it presents itself (not necessarily another person).

I'm sure there is more to add to this list but it has been a long week and my mind and body is tired. I will be back tomorrow, if only to write in my journal.

I hope that those who read this have more success than i have had and learn from my experience. I am not currently in a place i would wish upon any other person.

Good night.

2. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

85 days is a Great accomplishment.

Recovering PA likes this.
  3. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Please think about what you wrote here and make this your number 1, whats behind it all that is.

I can see your pain and emotion in what you wrote and I hope it will become better for you sooner than later.

The list you made is a good one, there are a lot of values behind what you wrote, if you really seek to resolve them, think about what I quoted from your writing, I think that will lead you to clear everything from the list you came up with.

It may not save your relationship because of your circumstances, but as as a man you do owe it to yourself to really try to look within, it may be he most painful thing you will ever do.

Recovering PA likes this.
  4. Recovering PA

Thank you,

I've not been on here in a few days as given some important reading by another member which has blown my mind and made me think and act completely differently. If you would like the link message back I would be more than happy to share. Thank you for your comments. This site and forums helps so many people in need.

moonesque likes this.
  5. Recovering PA

Never relapsed and SO proud, I really want this and have no more chances so have to succeed.

Good luck in your journey

moonesque likes this.
  6. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Sure would be interested to see what that is.

7. Recovering PA