1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I love this site but really dislike the term Fapstronaut.. any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DonkeyKong22, Nov 6, 2014.

1. DonkeyKong22

DonkeyKong22 Fapstronaut

I prefer Fapstronaut

2. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Yeah I dislike it too, and prefer Fapstronaut too.

In fact "fapstronaut" makes me think about people who masturbate like crazy lol, exactly what we are not

3. IGY

IGY Guest

I agree. I never use the euphemism fap or any of the derivatives of it. Probably the stupidest I have ever heard is fapstronaut - I hate having it on my profile. :mad:

Let's see if there are enough people that concur and see if we can get it expunged from history!

4. Lapirata48

Lapirata48 Fapstronaut

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

How about Fapstar.

6. GayRomeo

GayRomeo Fapstronaut

How about "SpanksANot". Meh, I'm tried.

7. feo1966

feo1966 Fapstronaut

Ex-Fapper
    Healed Fapper
    New Lifer

Something positive ... that focuses on the goal

8. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

i like that word. it is funny. :)

i am a fapstronaut.

Master of chastity likes this.
  9. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Lol. I don't generally "laugh out loud" when I write "lol, but I did this time.

10. I actually like it! It makes me feel like I'm reaching for the moon :D But I really understand that a lot of people dislike it, it seems indeed a bit, I don't know, like if it was a bit of a joke.

IGY, I know you don't like it, what would you propose? That sounds ironical but I'm genuinely interested. I think that something like "PMO addict" would be a bit too serious, do you agree?

YiboW likes this.
  11. Well, I also think that it is a funny sounding word ;-)
    And you could think of "I'm a person who is fighting through the jungle of fapping"

But in general, I agree to you. I prefer to think in POSITIVE words, and therefore, the mind should be distracted from words that have a negative connotation to us. My goal is not just abstinence for itself, I want to go further and I want to live a full, meaningful life.

12. NotAfraid

NotAfraid Fapstronaut

Yeah, I never liked the word "fapstronaut" either. Sounds like a professional ultimate-masturbator, who takes part in masturbation-competitions(and even wins them), not a person who is on NoFap.

I think we should have a title based on your day count.
    Like:
    0-5 days - NoFapprentice
    6-12 days - NoFapdvanced(is that too far-fetched?)
    13-21 days - ???
    22-30 days - NoFap-and-coming
    31-60 days - ???
    61-90 days - NoFapster or NoFap-master
    356 days - I'm beginning to feel like NoFap God, NoFap God :D

I don't know if such a script is possible with this forum, but I just wanted to share this idea.

13. the awakened is what i call people who do it. like the people who escaped the matrix and saw the real world.

14. beauty

beauty Fapstronaut

I like the name Fapstronaut. Kind of has the connotation of astronaut, and to me astronauts are daring and very brave.

Fapstronaut? I don't know about that.

15. All the people from the front to the back nod, back nod! Why be a NoFap King, when you can be a NoFap God?

I like this idea though. I think that Fapstronaut could be reserved to 365+, it reminds me of the rocket on reddit!

16. DonkeyKong22

DonkeyKong22 Fapstronaut

yeah to be fair the more I think about I think there are some better ideas here than Fapstronaut. I just think Fapstronaut is a bit cheesy.

17. DonkeyKong22

DonkeyKong22 Fapstronaut

I think this idea has some scope

18. DonkeyKong22

DonkeyKong22 Fapstronaut

How about it being optional or a list of three or four terms that you can choose from on your profile. Or even make your own. Its just when I saw NoFap advertised on Tysons Tv programme it said that the members call themselves Fapstronauts. I think it just makes us sound like a group of nerdy anoraks instead of a group that's trying to help each other from a real issue. I certainly don't like to call my self a fapstonaut but I love being part of this group

19. Rewired

Rewired Fapstronaut

Oooh this gets my vote. I like it.

20. IGY

IGY Guest

But don't you think that anything containing the word fap in it sounds crap? I didn't know what it meant before I joined this site and I would never use it. :(