1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 DAYS NO JUNK FOOD CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by NZT 48, Apr 10, 2018.

1. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

Challenge designed to improve healthy eating habits for myself and anyone else who wants to get involved. I've found that just as with PMO, I start out eating a biscuit here or there and then my diet gradually turns into a mess. As with most addictive things, the cold turkey approach is usually the best approach so here we go.

Rules :
    -No fast food whatsoever - This includes places such as subway & taco bell
    -No ready meals, all meals must be physically cooked or organic
    -Snacks can include energy bars, crackers etc. but CANNOT include cakes, biscuits, sweets, crisps, donuts - anything that has a lot of sugar (use discrection appropriately)
    -Drinks can only be water & milk. Tea and coffee must have NO sugar
    -No breakfast cereals, only plain porridge oats

-If you break any of the rules, you must start again from 0 days.
    -You have a maximum of 2 restarts, after that you're out.

I will be starting this challenge tomorrow on 11/04/18 - if you would like to do it comment down below and I will add you to the list.

You must update at least once every 10 days, otherwise you will be restarted

Winners will be added to the hall of fame.

PARTICIPANTS
    @NZT 48 - 11/04/18 - 5 day(s) Restarts used : 0/2

@IronDog - 16/04/18 - 0 day(s) Restarts used : 2/2

@oneaffidavit - 17/04/18 - 0 day(s) Restarts used : 1/2

@SOB - 15/04/18 - 5 day(s) Restarts used : 1/2

@firsttimentrial - 11/04/18 - 5 day(s) Restarts used : 0/2

@immadothis - 12/04/18 - 8 day(s) Restarts used : 0/2

@Dane17 - 16/04/18 - 6 day(s) Restarts used : 0/2

@localbonerlord - 22/04/18 - 0 day(s) Restarts used : 0/2

HALL OF FAME

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

Wow that is probably one of the hardest challenges for me. That would mean I would have to actually give up alcohol, no restaurants.... even on the weekends. I would have to do a ton more cooking because my wife and I have a hectic schedule sometimes and she does a lot of the cooking.... see we default to "easy" meals.

Ok good! Count me in! Day 1

NZT 48 likes this.
  3. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

It should do a lot of good! +1 Added

IronDog likes this.
  4. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

Okay, now I begin. Healthy body = Healthy mind

5. B1144

B1144 Fapstronaut

@IronDog just some advice, it's kind of hard to jump in on healthy eating, I would make a grocery list, try not to buy junk food(even for others in the home cause you will want them lol) and look into healthy food as a way of it healing you and knowing that staying away from unhealthy food is doing your body good. Tea really helps! Good luck to you and your family

NZT 48 and IronDog like this.
  6. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

Hmmmm......

No fast food - Check
    No sugary foods - Check
    No sugar in milk/tea/coffee/cereals - Check

Indian food has very few traditional fried items in lunch/breakfast which I am planning to eat less. Apart from that, I am up for the challenge.

A small suggestion - If you don't take enough (good) carbs/calories, you are going to crave for sugar-rich foods and fried foods.

I have been testing this out and I can surely say that eating more good carbs/calories can make you crave less junk food. It is better to eat little more good carbs rather than ending up craving for a sugar-rich chocolate and eating it.

Couple of days back, I didn't touch pizza at home. Yesterday, I skipped eating chips and extremely-sugary-chocolate-y cake. My cravings have reduced like 80% and I have been eating stuff like fruits, milk or boiled pulses in between meals to satisfy my hunger.

7. I’ll throw my hat into this challenge. Looking forward to getting back on track.

8. I'd love to join. I'll be 40 in January and promised myself years ago that I would have a 6-pack by then, maybe this is my kick start. The cereal is going to be hard, I've ate two weetabix daily since I was around 9 months old. I have a few events over the coming months and I know I will be drinking. Can I get a pass for this? Also I am Irish so I need at least three pints of Guinness per week :)

9. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

Yesterday was Day 1 and it was a success. I also had no booze, or caffeine. I can do this!

NZT 48, Deleted Account and B1144 like this.
  10. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

@oneaffidavit Well done on getting a good diet together, that's some very good advice regarding good carbs ( I learnt that the hard way lol). I've added +1

11. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

@SOB You've been added +1, good luck!

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

@firsttimentrial First off, it's very nice to see someone older trying this challenge! To be fair if that is 2 plain weetabix you are talking about, then that's pretty much equivalent to porridge oats. Breakfast cereals was aimed at Krave, Frosties, Cherrios etc. All those sugar rich cereals that do no good.
    In terms of the drinking, ideally nothing except water and milk was to be used. You could still compete in the challenge if it will help you towards your goals, but bear in mind that you will reach your goal of a six pack a lot faster with no booze. You've been added +1 Good luck!

13. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

Good stuff! Once the ball gets rolling and this becomes a habit it should become easy for all of us

IronDog and B1144 like this.
  14. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

Also just to let you all know I will update the main thread every 3 days and will be going off of GMT for the date

NZT 48 likes this.
  16. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I want to join, so day 0

NZT 48 likes this.
  17. NZT 48

NZT 48 Fapstronaut

immadothis likes this.
  18. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

I caved and drank alcohol last night...... Day 0.

NZT 48 likes this.
  19. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

the hungry of sugar food never stops omg, even when youre not hungry, you still feel it in the stomach,

of course I'm not going to crave, I will just try to relax

NZT 48 likes this.
  20. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut