1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Background story(feel free to skip): I am 17 y/o male. For past few years, I've been working on my discipline. I decided to quit alcohol when I was 14, and haven't drink since. I also started working out and changed my diet. I used to eat healthy every day and have a period of at least 2 weeks between my "cheat meals", sometimes even few months without any cheat meal, eating completely clean. 3 month ago, I decided to experiment with my diet and started following OMAD protocol. That basically means that you are allowed to eat One Meal A Day, in a time period of one hour, and than you should fast for 23 hours. I never had problems with overweight, I was actually very skinny before I started working out, but this idea still looked good to me, because I've done some researches about fasting and I found it very healthy. It wasn't hard for me to adapt to this way of eating, and I continued working out. My BF got bellow 10% and my muscle mass increased, despite eating no more than 1700 calories a day. About 1 and a half months ago, I decided to become vegan, while still following OMAD protocol. Results were amazing. I felt better, smarter and stronger. I managed to deadlift 155kg for the first time in my life, and I know it's not a lot, but for me it is, because I have no interests in powerlifting nor bodybuilding, my main interest is staying healthy, and my strength and great physique came as a side effects. But two weeks ago everything changed. I relapsed in the morning, and I was so desperate that I started binge eating sugary food with no reason, I wasn't craving it and I wasn't hungry at all, I adapted my body to only eating from 7pm to 8pm. Since that, I ate sugary crap at least 5 times in those 2 weeks. My parents know how disciplined I am and they are proud of that. But I am feeling so ashamed now. I was even hiding clues that I ate candies so they don't find out and get disappointed. They realized that much candies have disappeared from our home supplies and they don't know who did it. My mom suspects on my dad, and my dad says that he has nothing to do with it, and nobody is suspecting at me because they know about my discipline and my diet, and that makes me feel disgusting... I also haven't worked out for a month now, and after these two weeks my BF got up and my gains got down... So I am making this challenge in order to motivate myself and others to overcome this sugary crap, because it is giving us dopamine spike just like the PMO, and we don't need it in our lives.

Rules:
    -When you join this challenge, you start from day 0
    -You don't need to update every day, but do it as often as you can
    -If you fail, you are going back to day 0
    -When you get to 90 days, tag me and I will add you to the hall of fame

Foods that aren't allowed:
    -Candies, chocolates, nutella(actually any kind of sweet spread), donuts, cookies, cakes, basically anything that has refined sugar in it.
    -Juices, even the fruit juices aren't allowed, because they are sweet and contain sugar. If you make your own juice and doesn't add any sugar that that's okay
    -Soda drink, even diet ones(they contain zero sugars but they are even worse for your health, so please don't substitute Coca Cola with Coca Cola Zero)
    -Chocolate milk
    -If you always add sugar to your coffee, I guess that's okay. You can keep doing that.

2. Okay I'm in, this is my DAY 0!

3. Wow! You really didn't ate anything that contains sugar? No cake for birthdays, no snacks? It's impressive!

NCK likes this.
  4. Timeon

Timeon Fapstronaut

Believe it or not, many foods contain "processed sugar" that we may not otherwise think. And I am not talking about dessert. (Especially if you eat out). I say "processed sugar" in terms of table sugar. Broccoli even contains sugar. Because to be scientific, the food we eat is converted to sugar for ATP kinase to provide cells the energy.
    I had no processed sugar for almost 2 years, and it has been the best feeling in my life. Energy is consistent throughout the day. No period of tiredness after the gym etc.. I do have moderate sugar now and then after 2 years, but that is another thing.

5. That's great mate! My mom also knows how to cook healthy alternatives, but I am the only one who eats them. My father and younger brother just prefer eating sugary crap...
    I know what carbohydrates are. When I say sugar, I mainly mean on simple carbs, that have high glycemic index. I know what it feels like to have a low carbs diet, I was doing keto diet for some time and I really liked it, but had to stop because I was afraid for my kidneys.... For me it's interested how I had no sugar cravings while I was doing keto(in the same time I was eating one meal a day) but I have them now... It's probably because my brain wants to get that dopamine spike in any way...

NCK and leo da king like this.
  6. Day 1
    Had no urges to eat anything sweet. Finally gone to the gym and had a great workout session.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Risingbackup2 and Force Majeure like this.
  7. Day 2
    I felt some hunger today, but it wasn't a big thing. Just did my workout session and I'm gonna eat my meal now.

Risingbackup2 and Force Majeure like this.
  8. Day 3
    My dad just made pancakes, but it won't be my first time refusing to eat them :)

Force Majeure likes this.
  9. Svabo

Svabo Fapstronaut

Well I also don't eat sugar for at least 5 years after I've discovered that it triggers bad candida infections in my body. But last month and a half I'm also on keto diet, like pure keto, no carbs at all (except 2 beers but it was because wine was expensive in the bar and it was to late for the tea/coffee). But in general, no sugar at all (at this moment I'm dining cottage cheese and drinking whey protein shake)
    Also gluten is THE poison also, because of it I've decided to go on full keto diet

Future role model likes this.
  10. Day 0
    Yesterday my parent told me that I need to have breakfast, because It's Easter in Serbia(We are Orthodox Christians, not Catholics, so we celebrate Easter at the different time). So i ate breakfast and broke my fast that way, and I decided that breaking a fast isn't bad enough, so I took some muffins... Honestly, when I think about them now, I find them disgusting.

11. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

12. Day 4
    Having some urges today, I'm thinking about some candies, but I won't fail this.

13. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

bruh , I am dying and eating a lot of rise, I am craving a lot, and man the other addiction yeez, I'm still in the game, I have not ate any junk snacks , face is looking a lot better, them red shits are almost all gone

14. Keep pushing man!

Today is my day 5 and I'm feeling great!

Force Majeure and immadothis like this.
  15. Day 7
    I had some sugar craving yesterday because I relapsed, but I didn't ate anything. My dad got us some muffins, but I won't eat them!

Force Majeure and immadothis like this.
  16. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

FUCK YES MAN , DON't GIVE UP¨, WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

17. Thank bro! :)

18. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I think day 5 of this challenge :), it's been easier

19. Day 8
    It's been an easy day.

20. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

I think I failed I ate chips earlier, so back to day 0 I will eat from now one vegetables chicken and eggs and fish and so on