1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

50 Shades Freed

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JustinX, Apr 22, 2018.

1. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Holy shit. Seriously holy shit. What the fuck did I just watch. First movie in 2018 I seriously regret watching. Every minute of it! Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I need to go puke now.

2. What on earth were you expecting? Have you never heard of the franchise?

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I wasnt really expecting much. I watched the first movie, not the best but decent one time watch. Then the second, crap but still okay to relax and the third one oh god, I didnt relax at all, face-palming most of the time. I have never seen a movie without a plot until today. 100 minutes. Plus all actions of all characters were totally illogical.

How they can even film something like that with budget 55 million? And what is even worse such crap already made $368 million worldwide, and is the 5th highest-grossing film of year 2018. What fucked-up world am I living in when such shit offering nothing is so successful?

4. I thought it was common knowledge that that entire series is utter garbage. I'm surprised that you were surprised by that.

5. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

Sex sells you mook

6. 50 Shades is a series men shouldn't be watching in their life and I still have no desire to watch any of them off of that series. Get a clue and stop watching movies.

7. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

50 Shades is a fan fiction written over Twilight. That says it all. I only watched the first movie because I was forced to do so since the birthday lady in question wanted us all to go see it. Glorifying abusive relationships. Woop!

8. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

You got a point there but I was not talking about that, that was clear from the first movie.

What I didnt like in the 3rd movie was that the main male actor who was supposed to be the richest, the most handsome and the most confident man on earth actually acted sometimes more needy and insecure as total virgin who somehow luckily mange to have a date with his dream crush. Totally illogical, unauthentic and unrealistic.

And IMHO the movie is actually much worse for young teenage girls than for men since it totally brainwash young girls naive brain showing them all they dreamed from childhood about prince charming can happen (the 3rd movie started with wedding in slow motion lol), that a man with many options will suddenly only see her, only her and nobody else, without needing to do anything from her side, just the way she is, she can have unreasonable conditions, stupid actions but he still will be returning to her, like total needy virgin, ignoring all other imho far far better options. This is very damaging since it is not how it works in the real world...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  9. Eek. Kinda sounds like you think of Christian Grey as a role model or something.

10. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

As mentioned, I have not seen the other movies and I have absolutely zero intention of watching that garbage. Everything about those movies / the story is stupid, but apparently the fantasy of the emotionally unavailable narcissist man turning into a mushy needy wreck, will always sell. I think it appeals to the "savior gene" in women. You know, nurturing an emotionally scarred man back to emotionel health (and beyond, into a clingy, obsessive, possessive mess). Somehow this is and seemingly always will be a romantic fantasy to many women. I used to cheer for that fantasy once upon a naive teenage life, until I realized how unhealthy and asinine it is.

This made me giggle. I would also be concerned if anyone saw Christian Grey as a romantic role model. Not because of the BDSM (which is completely distorted in this franchise, by the way - BDSM is about trust, consent, respect and a proper Dom would never just walk away from their Sub when the Sub needs proper aftercare and attention, like Christian does in the first movie after spanking Miss Thang with a belt, overstepping her boundaries).

Deleted Account and JustinX like this.
  11. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

haha, you are a real joker!
    Definitely no, my only role model is me from the future.

12. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

You hit the nail. Happy for you to be able to realize that and find out what is actually good for you.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

If the title contains both 50 and shades, you know it’s nothing but rubbish.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. I wasn't joking, that's what it sounded like to me, but perhaps I was wrong. It sounded like you were upset that he changed in the latter movies because he was a better man before or something, which would be crazy to me, because he's a super abusive person who raped his girlfriend in the first book. That certainly doesn't make him more of a man.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
    MLMVSS likes this.
  15. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

If somebody is controlling and jealous he is far far from a man who has shit together. I was annoyed (not upset) about inauthenticity of portrayed character. I dont care if somebody is asshole or nice guy but the personality performance has to be consistent and authentic. If somebody is playing super confidence and then do some super needy things then potraying super confidence again, showing needy behavior again - it doesnt match. He didnt change in the movie, he was doing both some super confident actions and some super needy actions at the same time what is totally inconsistent, inauthentic behavior showing like if all his confidence was just faked and not grounded internally. That was totally unrealistic and wouldnt never happened in normal world when somebody is labeled "the most eligible bachelor on planet Earth".

If you thought that I considered having lot of money, being always controlling and dominating to be a proper man then you thought wrong. You dont need money at all actually, all you need is to have your shit together; be grounded in your own internal values, not external approval; be responsible for your own life, own actions and happiness; know your own worth, know what you want and just go for it. That's all.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018