1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is everyone's thought of Deadpool 2?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 25, 2018.

1. I saw it this afternoon. I thought it was just as good as the first, but not quite as funny

2. I loved it! I recently watched the first one again, and I didn't laugh nearly as much as I remembered. I think I actually liked the second one better.

I also liked the depth. I mean the first one had some depth too, it wasn't all just jokes. But I think this one had some even more serious themes, which is nice as long as they are balanced with humor also, which I think they did well.

I'm going to see it again in a few hours, so we'll see if I enjoy it as much the second time around.

3. blackashday

blackashday New Fapstronaut

not cool as the first one

4. For the first one, I was laughing pretty much uncontrollably

5. I was too, the first time. Not nearly as much the second time. But it was the same with this one, really. It's just less funny when you've seen it already, although I did notice a few funny things that I didn't catch the first time around.

6. I still have to see the first one. Im a serious superhero fan, but i was kind of boycotting the fact that they made it R rated. I mean is that really necesary, kids love superheroes too. I like to watch them with my 12 year old sister and we cant even watch it together until shes older. That being said im pretty much cooled off about it now, so ill have to check it out.

Brooklyn Jerry 70 likes this.
  7. Deadpool is definitely an R rated superhero. He isn't really meant for kids.

8. And he explicitly says in the first one, "I'm no hero"

9. Yeah, he's not exactly a good role model for kids lol

10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I thought it was great. I couldn't believe how most people in the theater left right away and missed the extra scene.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. A few extra scenes. I know they did that at the end of the first one, and the few people that were in the theater with me stayed until the VERY end to see if there were any more

12. pankeas

pankeas Fapstronaut

It was a good movie! I would give it a 7/10, which is what I would give the first movie. To me, their just fun movies that should be enjoyed and not taken seriously. I liked how the second movie had more emotion and it was a small contained story.

13. The only reason I got into Deadpool was the wise-cracking, and the highway scene was jam-packed with them

pankeas likes this.
  14. BETTER THAN BLACK PANTHER AND INFINITY WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T @ ME

15. Gotham Outlaw

You're still here? It's over. Go home.

16. Theguywiththething

Theguywiththething Fapstronaut

I dug it. The humor in the first one leaned very hard on the meta, to the point that it was hard for the dramatic stakes to land, even when it really should have, like tee whole plot with vanessa. You knew the movie was a movie, because deadpool took the time to address you about it.

This time, the humor leans more on satire; deconstructing aspects of tee superhero genre, like Cables backstory, or the way too funny to spoil x force sequence. I think that it helps the drama find its feet, because its also based on that, like the lame duck way the x men dealt with the abusive people at the home. Over all, i think it made deadpool 2 stronger

17. Totally agree. My husband said the same thing, that when there's too much breaking the 4th wall it's hard for him to enjoy the movie because he can't get into the fiction of it.

I think my favorite line was....

when he's on top of the juggernaut at the end and he says "hey big guy, the sun's gettin real low"

That slayed me. And when he said "zip it, Thanos" to Cable.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  18. Gotham Outlaw

That was my favorite line too. Are you sure you're not from the DC universe was a close second for me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. apprentice

apprentice Fapstronaut

I watched the first one and had to turn it off after an hour as I found it so bad. How people can find something so lame and camp to be entertaining and funny boggles my mind.