1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

nofap and child quality?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by danielhammer, May 29, 2018.

1. danielhammer

danielhammer New Fapstronaut

iirc they have a procedure that takes the highest quality sperm and puts it in the egg so I assume that there are good sperm cells, bad ones and ones that are extremely good and ones that are extremely bad.

so using this line of reasoning, how does nofap increase the quality of your children? I would assume the naturalist argument would come into play(you evolved to not jerk off) but is there any scientific evidence or anything that you saw?

is there a correlation between logical-mathematical intelligence, inta-personal intelligence, existential intelligence and maybe spatial intelligence and iq in your children and nofap during sex? I would assume the sperm quality would be heightened from of the higher incidence of new sperms, lowered by the lower testosterone and nutrition loss from ejaculation, but sperm competes so the ones that get to the egg first are the best(are they?) so i'm pretty confused.

also to prevent dumb answers don't assert anything without providing evidence or alluding to some easily accessible evidence.

2. Too late... :rolleyes:

Seriously though "Daniel", I do not think the scientifically researched and demonstrable answer to "how does nofap increase the quality of your children?" is known to anyone, anywhere.

What I can say is that I have no "logical-mathematical intelligence" whatsoever. But I know my dad was a wanker! :(

EndZone, SanSolo, u376 and 4 others like this.
  3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Your DNA is not going to change due to NoFAP. You'd have to look for research about how much ejaculation frequency affects sperm quality.

u376 and Awakening123 like this.
  4. Yeah, this is a good answer. I'm going to say that the older sperm might not be as efficient as reaching the egg. Perhaps the flagellum won't be as vigorous. But the DNA payload is probably going to be about the same no matter what the sperm age (in days).

That being said, something has to be done with old sperm, because as you pass 30 you don't have too many wet dreams. Do they get reabsorbed? How does the body know to reabsorb the old sperm and not the new?

5. cool guy

cool guy Fapstronaut

I can't remember exactly, but I "think" older sperm would exit out when urinating. Maybe someone from the medical field can chime in.

Also, a bit related. I noticed that during my last reboot of PMO my sperm was "jelly like" not sure if it's safe producing an offspring with such texture.

6. Two words bud. Sperm motility.

Not sperm quality. The process is not finding Thor's super genome sperm.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Here's a good answer...
    PARENTS ON NOFAP WILL INSTILL THE BEST LEARNING TO THEIR CHILDREN...
    They will lead by example... They will be a little more virtuous than those who don't do NOFAP and therefore maybe their children or some other children will set them as role models and lead a better life...

What do you think of this?
    Plus a sperm has DNA only and unless that DNA is faulty, all sperms are created equal, and what you call healthy sperms mean those who are not mutated in genes and not so piss poor weak that they can't reach the egg on their own... Even a broke ass sperm with DNA if managed to reach egg will produce a healthy baby, provide the DNA is not mutated or deformed in any way...

8. Well said my friend... Spread some education...

9. Orion_35

Orion_35 Fapstronaut

Look it has nothing to do with this. The quality of the sperm is regarding the amount of sperm and its mechanical function(motility?).

Now basically a sperm cell contains half of your chromosome pairs (23 chromosomes) and these pairs are mixed from your initial 46 chromosomes that you got from mommy and daddy : so the alleles of each gene within each chromosome depends on what you got from your parents + the random chance of said chromosomes to create a mutation during meiosis so as far as I know age or amount of fapping has nothing to do with that outside of sperm count.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

(Just aside: I think rumours say that the dogma that the DNA you have been given is unalterable is not so sure anymore.)

Anyhow, your sperm DNA is not equal to your DNA. It comes from mutations of your DNA, otherwise every sperm of yours would have the same.

I don't know too much about that stuff, though. Just wanted to state this. No scientific evidence to back up my claims, so, according to the OP's definition, this is a dumb answer.

11. Oh that's a relief - I am in good company then! :p

12. Interesting. Because what I understand about natural selection and evolution clearly shows that humans have evolved from common ancestors that masturbated.

Since I don't want this to be a "dumb answer" here is an easily accessible scientific article which is on topic: https://www.livescience.com/12944-animals-evolved-masturbate.html

Now, as to old versus new sperm containing better DNA or being deformed: https://www.ovulationcalculator.com/sperm/

Answers this question. Here is the quote:

Why fresh sperm is always best
    Scientists have the unique advantage of being able to look at sperm under a microscope.

It must be interesting to see so much movement in such a small space. But what they find is that not all of the movement is positive. Of the many millions of sperm ejaculated, they are not all winners. Some may even be dead before the journey has a chance to begin. Others may be deformed, having unusually shaped or multiple heads, or twitching.

[​IMG]

Even in a perfectly healthy, fertile man, only about 20% of sperm will be viable.

Here is the thing about fresh sperm: Sperm have a natural life cycle. Older sperm decay, and as they do, they release substances that can harm younger, fresher sperm.

So, even if you have more sperm, it will be counterproductive if many of them are old. Not only are they already dying, but also they are going to bring others down with them.

What should we do to ensure sperm stays fresh?
    If a man holds ejaculation for a long period of time, say a week or two, a large percentage of his sperm will be dead or decaying - and the decaying sperm may contaminate the fresh, new sperm.

So, holding ejaculation for this long is not recommended when trying to conceive. But ejaculating too often can also cause problems.

If a man ejaculates too often, he may not have enough sperm to make the journey. It may sound complicated, but things are about to get very

--> L

13. danielhammer

of course it isn't but the highs and lows of the quality of the dna in my cum should

14. danielhammer

"but sperm competes so the ones that get to the egg first are the best(are they?) so i'm pretty confused."
    "don't assert anything without providing evidence or alluding to some easily accessible evidence."

I cant seem to find anything even hinting the correlation between motility and quality and yes im looking for thor's super genome cum

15. Didn't realize citations were needed in the jackoff site off topic.
    I spent 3 years trying to get my wife pregnant. We had multiple tests, procedures, and much counseling. Ive been around that block a bit, but read this article.

https://www.cnyfertility.com/sperm-washing/

16. Also, since you're basically looking for bro science.... I got one more thing to share. If you want a boy....eat lots of eggs. Yup, it's true! 2 for 2

17. Eggs? I've had eggs about every way possible - but I'm sorry Huevos Rancheros is perfectly good way to ruin eggs.

But, back to the math of 2 for 2.

If you flip a normal quarter with both heads and tails on it and it comes up heads 100 times in a row, then the odds it will come up heads or tails on the next flip are still 50%

Now the probability that a coin toss will come up heads 100 times in a row is extremely low. But, it doesn't change the outcome of the next flip.

Since half of sperm produced have the X chromosome and the other half have the Y chromosome, the odds are always very close to even that the baby will be a boy. Even if you've had 10 boys in a row and try for another child, the odds are 50% for either gender.

As a reference to the science that backs this up - pick up any third grade math primer.

--> L

18. danielhammer

do you have any studies supporting this? And where do you think the sweet spot is (assuming you can quantify the amount of cum you have left by looking at some other factor) should I be completely dry and ejaculating new stuff, a mix between new and old(8-50 days while doing HIIT) or nofap day 800

and is there one of these for women? is there any research there to see what the best possible time and conditions are for her? should she be doing nofap aswell?

19. I posted the link to an easily accessible evidence.

Then included a quote from that link.

I have only the evidence as supported in that one line. But, I did ask the google machine if fresh sperm was more likely to be healthy and go back multiple links to articles and studies all of which said the answer was yes.

Men can produce up to 500,000 sperm in one ejaculate. A woman normally ovulates one ovum (egg) a month. Female masturbation doesn't change how many eggs burst though the ovaries each month. Since the number is normally one not using pmo won't affect the baby. For an easily accessible reference any basic biology book will do.

However, woman can have a pmo addiction just like men can. So, yes, if a woman has a pmo addiction, she should consider NoFap.

--> L

20. Well done. Your grasp of the rules of probability are strong. Reading comp...not so much.
    When I stated to OP "since you're looking for "Bro Science" - that's a term that equates to urban legend, or folklore. The whole point was to drop some sarcasm in order to insinuate the idea that there is no science that is going to back up with info OP seeks.