Becoming a Sperm Donor( should I relapse just for the extra cash?) My brothers at NoFap, should I?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Clean Plate, Mar 19, 2017.

Should I do it?

1. YES

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. NO

51 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Alright, fair enough.

2. No dignity for a bit of money? No way man, not worth it. Shame guilt regret are the worst emotions a human being can have. Destroys the soul.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. It's irresponsible as shit. I was hurting for cash a few years ago and thought about it. My friend convinced me regardless who ends up with your sperm, the kid is technically still your kid. I wouldnt want anyone treating my kid like shit or raising them in a manner that I wouldn't approve of myself. Can't have some fucking snow flake showing up on my porch in the distant future.

4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Hi, dad. I wanted to give you a list of all my triggers.

5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Eh, we're getting to the point where we're dumbing down schools just to have nice scores and graduation rates. Although, honestly, 18 years is enough time for Darwinism to thin the herd, whether figuratively or literally, with these stupid trends/"challenges" people are doing nowadays.

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Also, hell no I won't do this, mainly because I don't support artificial insemination, especially for single women and lesbian couples, and those are the two most common reasons I see. I don't want my DNA going there, and I don't believe children should be brought forth in those environments either.

7. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

May I ask why you don't support artificial insemination, especially for single women and lesbian couples?

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Because the child isn’t brought into the world with a mother and a father. A child needs examples from both sexes, and they need a mother figure and a father figure, or at least memories on how one of them was. Else, they’ll seek such figures in even unhealthier ways. Gangs, of course, being the primary example, where members look upon either the leader or some other member as a father figure, because their own biological father’s nonexistent, incarcerated, or dead with no good memories to follow him.

It sounds also not healthy to be raised without the influence of one parent or one gender. A nuclear family provides a mSeveral issues come with a single-parent household, such as a much higher poverty rate and the chance of the children becoming criminals increase.

Here are some statistics:

Poverty:

81CBE783-757F-47DE-BED2-881AD1A38605.jpeg

Others:
    • 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census
    • 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
    • 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (Source: Center for Disease Control)
    • 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes (Source: Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26, 1978.)
    • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools.)
    • 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes (Source: Rainbows for all Gods Children.)
    • 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept 1988)
    • 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992)
    These statistics translate to mean that children from fatherless homes are:
    • 5 times more likely to commit suicide
    • 32 times more likely to run away
    • 20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
    • 14 times more likely to commit rape
    • 9 times more likely to drop out of high school
    • 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
    • 9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution
    • 20 times more likely to end up in prison.
    (Source: http://www.fathermag.com/news/2778-stats.shtml)

Now, if a woman has kids, then her husband dies, I’m not against her raising them as a single mother, because it’s a single motherhood she couldn’t control. What I’m against is her purposely getting pregnant, by herself or otherwise without the influence of a man in her life. She should be focusing on other priorities. Children should not be raised in such conditions.

Youssif and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Thank you for such an in-depth answer, @MLMVSS. I now understand your stance a bit better. I have a couple of Qs remaining. Where is it written that a father figure is necessary for a child? Also, can you vouch for the accuracy of the information you have provided? Are you aware of the fact that in lesbian couples, there is a form of role-play to combat your aforementioned problem of a child require an influence from both sexes? One lesbian parent will be a 'dad,' ie a martinet of sorts and deliver the majority of discipline while the other parent will remain a less stricter parent, the actual 'mom,' who will deliver the child.

Uhh, this is just speculation, this next bit, but: Are you willing to consider that the harrowing statistics which, if they are accurate, may not come from the singular factor of upbringing by a single gender (female)? What I mean is, are you willing to consider that these statistics are caused by the situation which led to the single parent upbringing? Like divorce, death of the male parent, separation, etc. etc? The poverty rate is clearly higher in such situations as the family unit in a single parent household depends on the sole income of a parent. This could be the same with if a male were the single parent? Your site cares not to mention this, or did you neglect to mention any statistics provided by your site?

Thank you for your time. Good day.

10. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

And divorce?

11. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

What if the husband is sterile? The child would have a mother and father, and be much more likely to grow up to be a non-criminal.

Moon Shot likes this.
  12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Then that’s their choice and it doesn’t affect the child. However I’d much prefer the adoption method over insemination or surrogacy, but it’s not bad either.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Depends how the divorce is handled. Some are fine, others go completely vile and leave an impact on the kids.

14. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
    This is better than webcaming.

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It’s written in biology; in our instincts. It’s just... how we are. We see crime having a correlation with the absense of one parent, whether mother or father. We need both perspectives in order to know how we should behave and operate.

Multiple studies have been conducted, indicating that people who grew up with a single parent were over-represented in crime.

A lesbian masquerading as a man is not the same as a biological male. She lacks instincts and behaviours that a man may have; after all, there are over 6,000 documented biological and psychological differences between a male and a female. The effects of one gender cannot be replaced by two of the opposite gender. Also, many cases kids who did grow up with gay/lesbian parents, while they still love whoever brought them up, still feel as if something’s... missing. Now, I’m more on the liberal side when it comes to people living their own lives, but with kids, kids cant make these decisions, and it’s unfair to deliberately rob a kid of a healthy nuclear family.

The sources the site linked to stated people who never knew one of their parents. Hence, the situation almost never matters in those cases, other than perhaps the parent raising them talking negatively about the other parent.

16. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

LMFAO

17. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Simply put - you would deny your future children their right to be raised by their Father.

18. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Alright, again much obliged for taking the time to answer. Hmmm.... Written in our biology, perhaps, but what is it exactly that causes this? Would you propose any theory? Is there any plausible reason? Why does the crime rate correlate so? What does a male role model have that prevents crime? I understand that a female cannot supersede the male counterpart, biologically speaking. But what is it exactly? Do you know, or is the vague answer 'It's written in our biology' it? I'm curious, I'd really like a scientific explanation.

Also, the reason I was asking was because your site, seems a little biased towards fathers. (It is called 'father mag,' and it hasn't provided the statistics for motherless homes) That would better my understanding.

Alright, I can see that, but next question: Your specific site, is it the reason for your not supporting artificial insemination, especially for lesbian couples and single mothers? I agree with your point on single female parents opting for artificial insemination. But lesbian couples, I still need some clearance. I guess similar statistics would show for non-heterosexual male couples?

Would you consider divorce as a situation over which the female parent has no control, depending on the circumstances? Or only death?

Thank you so much for your time.

19. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

@MLMVSS? You just... you just gonna leave me hanging here? :)

20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I never got an alert, weirdly enough.

Usually, anything written in biology is done so due to it being evolutionarily advantageous, or more accurately, not disadvantageous. In this instance, that may be the case. Gender roles exist all throughout the animal kingdom, and humans are no exception to it. Whether evolutionarily or socially, they're implanted within us. In an ideal nuclear family, a daughter learns how to be a woman and love her future children and a son learns how to treat women well by seeing his father's interactions with his wife. It even crosses the gender barrier: a daughter knows what qualities her future mate should have from seeing them in her father (whether it's a positive or negative influence, it's still an influence nevertheless. But keep in mind that this is an ideal family and hence, unfortunately, doesn't apply to everyone) while the son may find qualities in women similar to his mother.

Most children like to have a mother figure and a father figure in their life. Those figures, in many cases, could determine their overall character, much like their hair colour or skin colour. Hence, the children who feel this may turn towards another person, or even another group, to obtain such a figure. For example, it's a huge problem with gangs: gang members see each other as brothers, and the gang leader (or some other members) as a father figure. Of course, this can happen to anyone, but someone who grew up with both parents who were nurturing wouldn't hunt for a mother/father figure either.

At least, these are hypotheses produced by the the govt here. It may be different in other places like the US, but with both the crime problems and the single-parent homes being high in the inner cities compared to outside, it could be one such case. http://www.superu.govt.nz/sites/default/files/Children of Gang-Involved Parents.pdf

It's only one such site. Motherless homes, while also having problems, isn't revered by the government or celebrated by society as much as fatherless homes are, hence they aren't as commonly reported on.

The site? No. The reason behind it? Most definitely. I haven't researched much into lesbian couples as much as I have single mothers. That just goes down to my personal beliefs that two women or two men are just not as compatible with raising children as a loving mother and father would. I'm not saying a gay couple would suck at it, but it does go against our instincts.

Moon Shot likes this.