1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

0/7. failed for the umpteenth time. i'm not gonna back off whatsoever. keep movin'.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  2. Crunchy leaves

Crunchy leaves Fapstronaut

0/90

Going for hardmode now. The reason itself still unknown, I want to put spiritual reason but I still feel that my spiritual achievement still low so...to facilitate and support my future self. I want to make my future self improvement easier by facilitating with no PMO. And when the time come, I'll change my objectives so I won't think that I will give up when reach certain point.

Again, being reminded that THERE WILL BE NO P THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT. I'm keep getting fooled by my brain..

I have some question regarding how to make this easier
    1. If I accidentally P how do I'll be able to convince myself to not continuing it to MO?
    2. How to make certain P memory dissappear? My last relapse was because I couldn't forget things that I saw when I was losing my control

3. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

3/5

Get up man. Keep moving forward.
    I don’t know. P just settles in your brain when you look at it, and it sticks there for at least a few days. Most of the time I relapse too when that happens. Avoiding P is the easiest solution I guess?

4. 7/7. One week! :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    7/9 :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend:

rafaeloey, max9292 and TC10 like this.
  5. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

Yeah I'm doing the same thing I just know sometimes when they come up I just it's not even sexual now it's more fighting through some depression or whatever I'm getting off anti depression drugs also at the same time and find out find myself wanting to drink here and there but that's not the answer either I know that that's another form of medication that's all it is so today is Day 72 at this point of an unknown number

max9292 likes this.
  6. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

Day 29/30..

max9292 likes this.
  7. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

8. Foxislander

Foxislander Fapstronaut

Day 73 I am very inspired by a lot of very new people that are don't seem to be able to make it but a few days just remember you're doing this for your own good and going backwards makes it harder to go forwards once you arrive at a certain point it's really hard to go backwards you just have to strive towards a goal. By the grace of God I am rewiring I'm resetting my marriage is restoring we're getting hardmode pmo limited Touch light kisses hand holding no nudity and we're going to make it I think we might do the first married couple doing it together by the grace of God will be ready when my wife is and God says we are to go back to having intimate sex again

TC10 and rafaeloey like this.
  9. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

10. :( What happened? Some wisdom to draw from it so that you're better prepared next time?

11. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Just being stupid with my phone in my bed. It actually helped me to get serious about staying away from my phone. Just a stupid relapse, but it’s part of the journey.

12. Sounds like the "phone fallacy" - the thought that one can stick with the intended purpose of surfing on phone in bed - instead ending up with things one really doesn't want to do. Get up and get on. Keep the phone out of the bed, even the bedroom if possible (that also has sleep benefits etc).
    8/9

stephanD and TC10 like this.
  13. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

Day 30/30..next goal is 60 days..

stephanD likes this.
  14. I have an autoimmune disorder. Are you suggesting I turn my stress inward? By the way, I think that my autoimmune thyroid is a direct result of my years of PMO'ing or more specifically edging.

15. Michael Sternig

Michael Sternig Fapstronaut

16. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

I'm not a medical professional and this is not a diagnosis but in my personal opinion, yes. I think you may be someone who turns your stress inward. Obviously, I don't know you, but as someone who suffers from an autoimmune disorder myself, I can tell you that it only bothers me when my stress is high and then I get definite physical symptoms.

stephanD likes this.
  17. Mine also mostly bothers me when I'm under high-stress (which, for me, is a vast majority of the time). When I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a couple years ago, I made it clear to my doctor that it is in no way "genetic" as everyone likes to say and that it was the result of my PMO habit and/or stress-related and he didn't exactly buy it.

But for what it's worth, I am unhappy with my situation and have been for a while. I have a huge distaste for the place where I live and find that I'm unable to pursue what I love to do because of things outside of my immediate control. It eats away at me every day.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just found yours interesting enough to engage.

stephanD likes this.
  18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Listen, even though I don't know your particular situation, I know that you have a lot more control over your stress and your life than you believe. If you want to beat pmo and that stress, then you can must rise up and take control.

First, while you don't have any control over certain things that happen to you via external forces or people, you do have control over how you respond.

Second, if you have never read the book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by the late Steven Covey, then I recommend it. If you don't have time to read, there are numerous talks by the author on YouTube. It's not a miracle book or a cure-all but you can learn some very valuable information that can help you if you really want to effect positive change in your daily circumstances.

stephanD and TC10 like this.
  19. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

1/5
    Yeah exactly. I’ll keep my phone downstairs from now on.
    Nice. Congratulations! Keep it up!

stephanD likes this.