1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How come God ...

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

How come if there is God, he lets many suffer being sick of cancer, or die of war...?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I don't really believe in Christian God. Not the way Christians do anyways. Because I think the Bible is heavily misunderstood and mistranslated so that almost nothing is left from original teaching of Jesus. But I believe in some kind of intelligence of the universe. And I believe that through meditation, fasting and self discipline we can learn to communicate with it. I've read many stories of people. And I also had a glimpse of that "voice" myself. Or at least what I think was it, trying to guide me. I need to work on rising my vibration more to be sure.

But yea, I think universal force, what we call "God", works through people. And if we have connection with it then we can be guided by it. We can be used as servants to make world better place.

Most people are too disconnected though. Even most devoted Christians. They just follow doctrine mindlessly and think they have relationship with God because of it. They do not water fast and do not sit in silence and solitude for months like Jesus did in desert (aka meditation). And do not practice proper morality and if they do they do not get much out from it because it's forced and comes from fear which ruins the whole thing. They condemn others, carry hatred, indulge in gluttony of body and mind and then go and repent on Sunday just to repeat it all again. There are many exceptions for sure but generally that's how organised religions are.

Nobody hears God. So nobody can do his bidding. If as many Christians and Muslims would actually fast, mediate and not indulge in sedatives, such as excess food and sex, as there are on a planet there would not be any wars or cancers.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Do you think the humanity is good enough so god would reward it for being like so?
    VERY few respect God and his laws, and we all suffer because of it. Its almost impossible to understand his thinking and how he decides things. Its beyond us. After all we were made by him and we are limited.

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It happens because God sees those events as being the best in our long-term, spiritual development. If life was perfect for all of us, we wouldn’t know joy because we wouldn’t know suffering. Trials given to us are opportunities to change our outlook on life, to humble ourselves and to build on our faith.

God doesn’t like seeing us suffer. I’m sure He didn’t enjoy seeing Christ suffer for the sins and the pains of the world, but that pain was needed. I see a similar situation, in which there is a need for trials.

5. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

But for some this life is to short due to illness , how come they does not life which is longer then the one in which one has shorter life due to cancer for example .

6. robz13_

robz13_ Fapstronaut

There is no God, that's the reason.

7. Frank884

Frank884 Fapstronaut

We perceive the world as negative because we carry around a reservoir of heavy negative emotions (also known as the pain body), such as fear, apathy, anger, pride, etc. Emotions then generate thinking, and therefore we see a world of suffering. The key is to observe these emotions and how they generate endless compulsive thinking. Meditate, let the emotions be there and observe the thoughts that arise. With time, emotions will run out, you'll feel lighter, see the world differently and "get closer to god".

8. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

Let me just say I am a man of Christian faith. God gave humans free will. He gave us the ability to accept him, or not. Unfortunately bad things do happen to good people that we will never understand. We will maybe have to ask god why things happened the way they did.

Also remember. God sent his son Jesus to die for us. Jesus sacrificed himself so we could pray to have our sins forgiven. He paid the price for us. So that’s the ultimate sacrifice as well. Plus this world is evil. This is not our home, it’s temporary. These are not our bodies, they are temporary.

9. Fallensoldier1

Also let me say our reward is in heaven. That’s when we are made new, and perfect. No sickness, sadness, pmo, war, anything negative, gone.

Some bad things in the world are man made, such as war. Man is evil. Our intentions are no good.

If this world was perfect and no sickness, what would be the point of heaven then? This suffering is only temporary.

10. Fallensoldier1

I will pray for you brother

Lions likes this.
  11. You are one of those that believe EVERYTHING has been created by NOTHING. By an explosion. Has anyone heard that an explosion created something ever? As far as we know, and explosion destroys, doesn't create.
    Everything was created by some random accident in space. A random impact of two things. Even so, who made those two things? Who decided for those two things to collide?
    Can a tree be created from an explosion? A tiny hair of grass?
    Why is everything in this world centered around the human? How come an accident created this perfect world mechanics? Why are there feelings? Emotions? Why are we beautiful?
    Think! Don't just believe something someone told you. Explore. Search.
    Science is what got us all this ideas and theories ( because its all theories after all), science gave us bombs too, toxic waste, diseases ( yeah that's right), guns, comfort , laziness, ignorance, addictions.
    I chose to stop believing in science. I chose to stop believing what others tell me right off. I chose to think for myself and dig to find answers and make connections.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
    lastime and Lions like this.
  12. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

I'm just curious. Not trying to start an argument.

In a perfect world / heaven, where there's nothing negative or any flaws, would you even be you anymore? Imperfections are what makes us human. Our flaws are what differentiates us from others. Our struggles are what allows us to feel empathy with one another. So what happens when you take those away? What happens when you take away struggles, pain, problems, and negative experiences that are necessary for growth and wisdom? What happens in a perfect world where you're not allowed to make mistakes that potentially harm others? Free will is gone?

Reverent likes this.
  13. Fallensoldier1

No. You will not be you anymore. You will be remade and you will be made new.

14. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Not you anymore. No flaws. No past. No mistakes. No thoughts of your own. No individuality. So you die and something else takes your place in heaven? Someone perfect. Someone that always does the right thing and doesn't have any negative thoughts. Someone that has no past baggage. Someone that doesn't know of pain, problems, and negative experiences. Can you appreciate pleasure, solutions, and positive experiences without all those things? Can you have free will if you're not allowed mistakes or flaws? Would heaven have individuals or just one shared consciousness?

I'd like the idea of heaven better if you were still you.

15. Here2learn17

Here2learn17 Fapstronaut

Its because there is no god and everything on earth that’s happening is just a bunch of random crap.

16. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

If God wanted us to respect him and his laws, he should have told us what he wanted from humanity in the contents of one book. Instead he told his prophets to make 66 books, two offshoot religions and thousands of other religions across the planet. All of this could've been prevented had he not committed the sin of envy (for he is a jealous God) and destroyed the tower of Babel, dividing humanity across the globe and thus making his message all the more ambiguous.

I am not an atheist, just saying that you can't expect people to respect God if God doesn't meet them half-way.

17. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

This is almost as nutty as a flat earth thread.

Why assume that a god would be male, and that there would only be one of him?

Life cannot exist without it's opposite. Death is an angel.

18. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Your homework is to read the Book of Job.

19. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Does God cause suffering?
    What would you say?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe
    What the Bible says

“It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the Almighty to do wrong!” (job 34:10) God never brings about the evil and suffering we see in the world.

What else can we learn from the Bible?

• Satan the Devil, “the ruler of the world,” is the main cause of suffering.—John 14:30

• Suffering and evil also often result from the bad choices people make.—James 1:14,15.
    Will suffering ever end?
    Some people believe that humans can eliminate suffering through their combined efforts, while others see little hope of world conditions changing for the better so drastically. What do you think?

What the Bible says

God will eliminate suffering. “Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”—revelation 22:3,4

What else can we learn from the Bible?

• God will use Jesus to undo the suffering caused by the Devil.—1john 3:8

• Good people will live in peace on earth forever.— psalms 37:9 - 11,29.

Lions and Fallensoldier1 like this.
  20. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

ooooh I smell an edgy atheist