1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How come God ...

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

Because He loves us all so much He gives us free will.

It remeinds me of the question if two honest farmers living next door to eachother one prays for rain to bless his crop and the other prays that rain won't ruin his crop who does God answer? Does it rain?

I am free to do whatever I please in this life. Of course there are consequences, but if I want to ignore God He let's me, If I want help and serve people, I am obliged, if I want to hurt or kill another I have that ability too. God doesn't intervene anytime something we perceive is bad is going to happen. What would be the lesson in that? And what kind of faith could we develop if nothing bad ever happened to people? It is from the evil we know the good and we seek to follow it.

And one sure fact in life is we all are going to die.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    SolitaryScribe likes this.
  2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Not only are you you, but apparently we get to be stuck with our body... albeit a glorified one. It puts quite a different spin on matter, where we are not so much a combo of mind and body... but embodied spirits.

3. Buzz Lightyear

They are both self-centered egotistical fools.:)

They should both be grateful for both the sun and rain.o_O

It's like praying for your soccer team to win... or for your nation to win the war.

Lions and Reverent like this.
  4. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Yeah because I’m sure that babies who are less than a year old only got cancer because they indulged in “sedatives, excess food and sex”

Where is the logic in that?

5. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

You mean we will create heaven on earth with the help of Jesus Christ ? Because Jesus will win over the Devil ?

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  6. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Can you say in short what is written in there?

7. Buzz Lightyear

Why? Can you not read?... But you must be able to... as you are reading this.:D

Lions likes this.
  8. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Can you give me link to where I can read it on internet?

9. Buzz Lightyear

Try googling it...

Lions likes this.
  10. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Tell me. What was the main purpose of God when he created the first two humans and the beautiful earth? Remember what he told them.?

11. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

I don't know can you say ?

12. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Jehovah gave the earth to men and women. It is our home. Therefore, the first human couple, Adam and Eve, were not created to populate the heavens—God had already created angels to live in heaven. (job 38:4,7) Rather, God took the first man and settled him in a delightful paradise called the garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:15-17) Jehovah gave him and his future offspring the prospect of enjoying life without end on earth.—Read psalms;16:115

Originally, only the garden of Eden was a paradise. The first human couple were to fill the earth with their offspring. In time, they were to subdue the entire globe and make it a paradise. (genesis 1:28) The earth will never be destroyed. It will always be mankind’s home.—Read psalms 104:15

If you have a Bible.. If you have a Bible look for the reference, it would help you understand a lot

Lions likes this.
  13. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

And Isaiah 55:11 basically say that everything that God say, it will happen. And so far we have no one reason to don't belive that. So It will happen my friend. With us or without us it will

Lions likes this.
  14. Lions

Lions Fapstronaut

Paradise on Earth may come as we are alive in the next 20 years or so. I know that good will win because as you say it is written so, that God will create heaven there is no other , possibility .

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  15. Here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1&version=NIVG

BibleGateway is the best site to read the Bible.

It's best to read it yourself rather than ask someone else to explain it because they will give you their opinion. I find when you read the Bible for yourself you find things other Christians tend to ignore because it messes with their theology.

Selfcontrol1 and Lions like this.
  16. That´s a question that seems never to get old. A believer would answer: God has a plan that is bigger than your brain to get it at all, have faith and trust in it!
    Now let´s exchange the term "God" with "Nature". Because cancer and war and violence are just part of nature. Does it make any sense to be angry or rebellious against nature? Rome, China and Egypt were violent and enslaved people, but they built up Empires and Kingdoms, we still stand in awe before. It helps if you view God more like nature. She doesn´t care about every single individual, their petty little problems, sufferings, wishes and guilty ideas of being sinful. While in the same moment every creature does everything, like it would be the center of the universe. If it is a spider, that rebuilds its web every night again or an ant which protects in selfsacrifce its most important queen, or a philosopher like Sartre, who wrote tomes about "Being and Nothingness" or OldMcDonald and his beloved Trump Tower. Imagine God like Anthony Hopkins in Westworld, he created his world and protects it in a way, but he doesn´t interfere with the interactions of its citizens, except it is very important for the whole plan. Very most people are running on autopilot, they do as nature/god programmed them in their genes and by their environments and only act out their roles in the divine stage play on Earth. They believe it´s all about their own choices, if they choose between cow milk or soymilk, but it´s not. We are like avatars in a 3d game, that has been all scripted already, our choices are limited. Of course there are multiple possibilities how the play may go on and develop. But if it´s not already written in your code, you cannot choose an option, that´s not there. And if it is part of your code, it´s part of the plan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
  17. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Well How could we know how long is going to take.?
    Well... No one know the date exactly but if you read the Bible and meditate in the prophecies, then you will soon realize that we are very deep into the call, last days of this system of things. Every thing that the Bible said it will happen, it is happening right this second. So. Yes we are super close . Maybe even closer that we think

18. Babies get cancer because of bad genetics. And they get bad genetics from their parents. Because their parents have damaged their genetics or were given them by their parents who damaged their genetics, etc. If we stop damaging our genes with bad habits after few generations all the inherited diseases will be gone.

19. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

I have to say. That that's a great advice. And that's actually a advice that you will find in the Bible it self.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

"read the Bible"
    And all of it. 2 Timothy 3:16