1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that Scared You as a Kid

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. For me it was Hook. I found everything about it terrifying. Last night I watched clips of it on YouTube and I still found it somewhat scary.

2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Evil dead 1981
    The ring.....both parts

3. Sleepy hollow. My parents were watching it and i saw some of it and i kept thinking i saw the headless horseman in my window. I even saw him in my nightlight once

Taylor25 likes this.
  4. Yeah there is definitely something wrong with that movie

5. Event Horizon. For some reason my Dad took me to that in the theaters when I was way too young.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Calipso

Calipso Fapstronaut

I recall Gremlins

SilentJay313 and JJTorres like this.
  7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I'm trying to think I've watched so many horror movies as they are my fav.

As a kid I didn't really watch or rather was NOT allowed to watch horror. As an adult, there are many.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  8. For me it was The Grudge (2004), I was daft as a kid and knew I shouldn't be watching scary movies and games but I did anyways. It messed me up so much it was only a couple of years ago I got over most of it, the fear is still there though and being alone in the dark and showering is the worst when the film suddenly pops into my head. lol

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Depends what is horror I suppose. The type of horror that gets me, and honestly made me sick, are the disgusting types like A Serbian Film, The Human Centipede, Cannibal Holocaust, Hostel, I Spit on Your Grave, etc, which I watched as a teen. So it should count as a child.

Typical horror films never quite scared me, because they were predictable with little to no shock factors.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

please suggest me some good horror movies
    now nothing scares me
    it can either be like "get out".....with good storyline

11. Alien Resurrection

That part where the guy with the ponytail messing around with the Xenomorph on the window scared the fuck out of me when I saw it. Of course, it was my first Alien movie I've watched.

tweeby likes this.
  12. I've heard those movies disturb and stress the audiences really bad and they still get depressed and offended.

I doubt I would watch them due to the high violence like brutality, necrophilia, sexual assault, cannibalism, obscene language, mental illness, and loss of loved ones.

Dear lord..... :emoji_confounded::emoji_confounded::emoji_confounded:

13. Good to see someone else. I thought I was the only one. I thought maybe it was only me since growing up I didn't have a TV so I watched it at school and I wasn't used to watching movies.

14. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yes, don’t watch those movies if you love and respect yourself.

JJTorres likes this.
  15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Try searching for psychological horrors. These are the ones that really mess with you. Think 'The Shining', 'Shutter Island.'

u376 likes this.
  16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

@MLMVSS that's some pretty graphic stuff you've watched there! More violence than horror IMO.

17. Yeah, i watched it again recently and i was like wtf...

You didnt have a tv...interesting

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i have seen both of them
    and i did that search already

19. tweeby

tweeby Banned

In that case if 'The Shining' etc didn't scare you at all - since it is generally considered the scariest movie of all time, personally, I think the exorcist is overhyped as the #1 horror of all time. . . Then I guess nothing will LOL

Brain-Police likes this.
  20. Has anybody watched the tv show ghost whisperer? It's not a movie bUT that was scary as a kid.

Also law and order svu was scary to me as a kid. I still loved it though. These tv shows don't scare me in the slightest now