1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that Scared You as a Kid

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I was afraid of freaking everything as a kid. When my family would watch LOST every week when it was airing, I would be in the other room doing something else because it was too scary. I vividly remember having to overhear the episode where Jack is going to chop off Boone's leg. I think I might have went in the living room and saw the makeshift guillotine, so I sort of figured out what was happening, and every time he screamed it scared me. *shudders*

I can't remember many specifics, but I was afraid of a lot of stuff as a kid.

2. Oh! Watcher in the Woods! That was the first and only "scary" movie I watched as a kid. So scary.

3. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

For me Congo (the white ugly gorillas)
    Gremlins
    And the tv series Unsolved Mysteries

4. That's a good one too

5. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

I even had a very disturbing and vivid-lucid nightmare of .a gremlin years ago.

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

That scene "all work and no play" was quite scary....
    But I think the movie was way too stretched.....but yes the atmosphere was creepy
    And excorcist 1 is quite good

7. Yeah, I hated it. I suppose not having a TV growing up gave an appreciation of the radio and that's probably why I listen to a lot of podcasts now. But it's probably why I would challenge someone who talk badly about TV, I know what it's like to have no TV and it's no fun.

8. Candy man and pumpkin head

WesternWolf and SilentJay313 like this.
  9. Critters 1, Aliens -scary as fuck, Jaws

SilentJay313 likes this.
  10. Jaws is pretty close. It was gory and brutal and also had enough jump scares. The starting scene at the beach, when the first girl dies, always creeped me out.
    But The Day after freaked me out the most.

11. The Day of the Triffids (1963) Think it was the first horror I watched, was horrified. Its the only one I can think of now.

Millenial likes this.
  12. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' - Watched it again recently and still found it creepy LOL - Great movie but I'm sure it's given a lot of people nightmares, and that's not good.

tweeby likes this.
  13. Children of the corn had me scared as hell and lost me tons of sleep. I only saw part of the exorcist and it really fucked me up. Ninja 3 the domination was basically a demonic horror movie on top of being to violent for a young kid. I hated scary stuff and anything associated with Halloween. As I got older I became facinated by the occult and did a total 180.

14. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Mummy, Signs, Blair Witch Project, The Others

If you want to sleep, don't watch (most of) them.

15. Crunchy leaves

Crunchy leaves Fapstronaut

13 ghost

I watch it full on tv when I was child, and I regret it cause it really terrify me even till now

16. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

My sister put the texas chainsaw massacre on for me when I was about nine or ten, not the original.
    As you can imagine I was.. perturbed.
    The movie itself was bad enough but what really scared the shit out of me was at the end it showed the real footage of the police searching the crime scene after the events of the movie. As you'll know if you've watched it, it then goes to show a real officer giving the camera a tour of the house before being attacked out of no where by a chainsaw. Worse still the last image of text sais the culprit was never caught.
    Turns out I hear as an adult it wasn't real but I didnt know that, they lied!
    The perfect movie for a kid ha.

17. I was going to say Candyman as well from 1992

18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

You should watch the original
    It is much much better than wrong turn

Nightbynight likes this.
  19. Sounds rough lol.

20. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Damn! that movie terrifies me even as an adult. How are you not scared?

Deleted Account likes this.