1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Unvers, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

What @Vedas_fr stated in this thread is complete nonsense and is simply not applicable here.

2. Feel free to explain and/or point to real life phenomena to back it up. Thanks for participating in the discussion.

3. Vedas_fr

Vedas_fr Fapstronaut

When you trigger people it usually means you said something interesting

Mr. Kruger likes this.
  4. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

Sometimes it just proves your ignorance of the matter.

5. Vedas_fr

Vedas_fr Fapstronaut

Because you know everything i am sure of it

6. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

You are right. Believe whatever you want.

7. Master of chastity

Master of chastity Fapstronaut

this must be the best thread ever !

we are now talking exaclty about what i have been discovering over the last few months too. POIS is very real. my (unscientific) theory is : we men should be guarding our semen like a holy elixir. When young we have tremendous amounts of energy so we masturbate like idiots and dont realize how we are stealing our own life force. as we are getting older the dire consequences are becoming more and more apparent.

my personal pois symptoms: of course brain fog. painful body. when winter prone to the flu. extreme tiredness (low energy). the list is actually very long. if it was a pmo fest those symptons can go on for 2 weeks.

pmo is the worst self-sabotaging act - we are ruining our god given meaningful life.

maybe its not too late - lets really go as monk mode as possible. love making to our spouse - espescially if the is a wish for children - is allowed.

Mithras, goodnice, Vedas_fr and 2 others like this.
  8. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

How long do your symptoms last after having sex?

9. Master of chastity

Hi Julius - thanks for that very good question. there is honestly a BIG difference between PMO and O with wife-sex. The latter feels healthy though also depleting (due to the over depletion in our lifes) - the problem with wife-sex is the chaser effect though. Often I`ll relapse a few days after. That will get better with time I`ve heard. The key is to really NOFAP for a considerably amount of time. A year or so . Maybe then our brains will really have rebooted.

best of luck to all of us. lets reawaken true manhood in ourselves

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

I have heard this from some other men with POIS, but they do not mention that the duration is different. Can you answer that specifically?

11. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

12. Master of chastity

Julius93, it goes without saying that I am talking anecdotally of course.

The duration for me depends entirely on the extent of my binge. If its a quick masturbation (without P) its not a big deal. If I binge like possessed (sorry, yes that happens) the
    POIS can stretch out for 2 weeks.

BTW its Friday afternoon, I am alone in my office. I am highly in danger of relapse right now. If I can make that will have been June 2018 totally PMOfree.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

2 weeks is a very long period. Mine lasts 2/3 days. Those 2/3 days are like hell. I don't know how you survive 2 weeks of POIS.

14. Master of chastity

yes, well i should clarify. 2/3 days is what is really hard for me too. with 2 weeks i mean the aftermath if it was a really bad binge. i just dont feel well for that duration

15. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

The scientific paper I refered to states that POIS disappears spontaneously after a specific time:

It's a bit strange that you state that you have to deal with the "aftermath" of POIS. However, a lot of POIS'ers state that the duration is extended when they have multiple orgasms (on the same day).

16. Master of chastity

sorry, maybe I dont articulate clearly: the more intense my binge is the more severe the pois symptoms are. the worst case i had was that i still felt some fatigue, brain fog for about 2 weeks. the first 1 or 2 days can be really bad. clear?

Vedas_fr likes this.
  17. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

It makes sense now.

18. Unvers

Unvers Fapstronaut

There are some poisers that have physical symptoms hardly explainable with the simple drainage of energy of the orgasm.

19. Tom_Hazard

Tom_Hazard New Fapstronaut

Guys, let me report my personal case. I suffer from POIS since i was 14. Until I was 22, I didn't even know that this disease existed (I thought it was something that only I had). So I discovered that this disease exist and I started to treat myself. The substance that helped me the most, by far, was ginger tea, drunk around 15 to 20 minutes before an ejaculation. It has been two years since I started to drink ginger tea before orgasms, and I don't even remember the POIS symptoms anymore. So that is my tip: try ginger tea.

20. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

I think I suffer from this condition. I suffered anxiety panic attacks and extreme depression this year for 3 months because of orgasm. I have realised that orgasming in any form completely ruins me. So I'm happy to give up sex for my entire life. I have that much happiness just enjoying and living now, that sex is not even important to me anymore.