1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Grow a Beard!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Adam smithsonian30, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Adam smithsonian30

Adam smithsonian30 Fapstronaut

Im on my 20s and im growing a beard,anyone here grow a beard?maybe wamt to share tips or problem growing a beard ,please let me know your thoughts

Mike Bonanno and ShotDunyun like this.
  2. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Hey man! I started growing different styles of beards the moment I hit 20 as well, with just a 3 month "break", I'm 31 now and I don't see me without a beard.

Now, it depends on what type of beard you want to grow. I've noticed that Nofap helps you to grow a beard faster. If you want a full beard, you need to let it grow at least one month, no trimming. It will look awful, but you will see the full potential of your beard, and most important, if you like it and you want to keep it. You can go to the BEard thread (link on my signature) to see some examples and discussions on the matter. If you have any questions please let me know. Beard on brother

3. Adam smithsonian30

Adam smithsonian30 Fapstronaut

I want to grow full stubble beard,i think one month not enough to grow my beard ,there are some areas that didnt grow yet but its getting the shape hopefully it will get there,and am using minoxidil fyi,thx for your feedback,im definitely gonna check out your thread.

4. MisterJimmy

MisterJimmy New Fapstronaut

Well I wish I can grow a full beard! Got such a baby face!

5. apprentice

apprentice Fapstronaut

Im 34 and still can't grow a proper beard. I can grow an acceptable goatee but the hair on my cheeks/jawline is so patchy, thin and sparse and it's a lot worse on the right side of my face than the left.

A shame as I think a beard would suit me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Well, don't shave it for 3 weeks... Go to the hairdresser every month, who can adjust your beard.

7. yeah I'm growing my beard out right now, I'm at the 3 month mark without trimming and am going for a yeard.

The number one tip is to be patient and grow what you've got, don't trim too early, even if you'd think it's just some of the hairs that are sticking out, don't do it for at least a month, also when the hair gets longer it will fall down, once you reach that level a comb, brush and hairdryer is essential to give your beard some kind of form.

Right now my moustache is growing into my mouth which is annoying as f*ck, but I want a full beard with a full moustache aswell, otherwise it looks unbalanced.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  8. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

You could always try the goatee and moustache combo. I know a couple of guys who do that because they can't grow a full beard and it works well for them

ShotDunyun likes this.
  9. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

My beard is not as full as some other guys, and you know what? I like it AND other people do as well. You just need to find your style.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  10. Gotham Outlaw

Exactly. A week ago I got rid of the sideburns on my beard and I really like it.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  11. I've been growing my beard out for 23 years and there still isn't anything there.

12. Gotham Outlaw

d9d85017c5574565b4b0c72dddb067568380120e910c3d8e2d7cbb6249dd3503_1.jpg

Soothe and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Soothe

Soothe Fapstronaut

I have tried and failed multiple times. The stubble stage always irritates the shit out of the skin.

14. Soothe

Soothe Fapstronaut

15. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I've had a beard for about 7 years. Just remember to wash it when you shower, otherwise it'll feel oily.

16. Very manly thing to do. Go for it Bro!
    My advice is to use some good quality beard oil to keep your beard soft and skin beneath it healthy. I'm not gonna point out any specific brand or product here, but you can find some excellent choices in those beard forums.

17. Gotham Outlaw

In addition to that I would also recommend looking at beard shampoo/conditioner.

Mike Bonanno likes this.