1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is a vasectomy a surgical method for seman retention?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Jul 13, 2018.

1. The title says it all. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2018
  2. zadvanceppa

zadvanceppa Fapstronaut

good question. Hope someone can answer this.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. aerokus

aerokus Fapstronaut

I don't personally believe in the benefits of semen retention, but yes, a vasectomy would effectively retain your semen.

However, if you're a young man who hasn't had children, please don't sacrifice your only method of reproduction because you're going through some kind of radical fapstronaut phase. Your profile says 32, you have most of your life still ahead of you. Why get a vasectomy?

ForwardEver and (deleted member) like this.
  4. I already did and reversed it. It was a horrible decision and completely unrelated to retention when I got it. I mention this because there is a lot of weird hype about the power of seman retention. If a vasecomy acheives this, then for 4 years I should have been a superman, but I wasn't. I was just curious what the hype men thought.

becomingreat and aerokus like this.
  5. aerokus

aerokus Fapstronaut

Wow, that's very interesting. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions! Good for you! I'm also intrigued as to what others will think.

6. Healed!

Healed! Fapstronaut

It doesn’t prevent ejaculation of semen. The semen merely contains no sperm.

ForwardEver and (deleted member) like this.
  7. It's the seminal fluid only that contains the power or both? Many of the posts contain language suggesting that the "life force" and "seed" contained in semen holds the power which I assumed was sperm.

8. Healed!

Healed! Fapstronaut

I’m not familiar with all the concepts contained in Eastern medicine. As far as I know the rest of semen is merely a vehicle for delivering sperm to the female egg.

9. Healed!

Healed! Fapstronaut

I’ve been snipped for nearly half my life. Since then, I haven’t experienced any superpowers and have continued to MO, until I came to NoFap last fall. My biggest problems with PA have been in the past 10 years, long after my vasectomy, so I can’t say I think there’s any connection between the two.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  10. @Unhooked I hope you make progress and find freedom from PA. This site helps me a lot, despite my failures to break the 90 day milestone.

Healed! likes this.
  11. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

My understanding is that the energy to produce the ENTIRE semen solution is what's trying to be saved. The actual sperm cells are indeed "saved" so I am guessing this helps somewhat.....but not nearly as much as retaining semen.

12. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Not if you're still nutting. Just because you're firing blanks doesn't mean you're not wasting your ammo.

13. I'm against gun control. : )

14. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

same. Dick control is important though.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  15. Does that require I use both hands?

16. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

It takes tremendous energy for your body to ejaculate (even if there is no sperm). The tremendous energy is what drains you. Each time you ejaculate, you lose vital force.

My opinion is that vasectomy doesn't make any difference. It's the entire semen (not just only sperm) that drains your vital force

Hope this helps?

17. zadvanceppa

zadvanceppa Fapstronaut

All the explanations here make sense to me. Many complex components involved and energies used in a semen ejection. Don't fire until you see the whites of her/ his eyes, I guess.
    Honestly, retention has caught my interest, I like the struggle/ benefits and now my newly found other gained activities I seek out in place of searching out pictures and women to expel on. The whole ejaculation process has taken up way too much time and energy of mine over the years. What an obsession it can be. I like the retention philosophy. I only wish that I discovered it in my younger years. Would of helped in school, military, socially, everything. It still helps alot now,
    at 56 yrs old. Always wondered why the 3 Stooges or was it the Little Rascals were trying to gain by joining "women Haters" clubs.They failed all the time too, just like me. haha. It was their attempts at retention!!!!

Davidphd1866 and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I am similarly 56 years old. Your sentiments mirror mine--only you said it more clearly and understandably than I could have!

I wished I learned retention earlier myself.

zadvanceppa likes this.
  19. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

The society puts too much emphasis on ejaculation. I even had my urologist telling me to resume ejaculation!!!

FabrizReiv likes this.
  20. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Interesting what your urologist said SeaGuy. Perhaps interesting is that a number of years ago my urologist said that at my age "less is more" when it comes to ejaculation. He didn't care for the idea of a chastity tube, but he said there is absolutely no need to "cause" an ejaculation. (he said if the body needs to purge, a wet dream would happen naturally)

seaguy44 likes this.