1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Morning Day 1, just posting incase i can't do so in the evening.

Stay strong bros

Future role model likes this.
  2. :emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Morning Day 2,

Guys i noticed that after pmo i want some sugary foods?
    Like if you agree, ignore if you dont.

I had lentils, roti, two kebabs and an apple yesterday as well as plenty of water (that is literally it, as well as some sauces).

4. Day 1. I was focusing on changing too many habits at once (8). Now it is 4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2018
    Duellant and Future role model like this.
  5. Make small steps bro, otherwise you will crush at one point.

Yesterday some friends from another country came to visit us, we haven't seen them in 5 years. My dad got muffins(I used to binge them the most, they are one of the best things I've tried) but I easily controlled myself. I have no desire to eat sugar at all, even when I have, it's a weak desire and I shut it off pretty easily.

Duellant and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

You find things like that in pedagogic settings.
    I think there are many good ways to combine "cheat rules" with the abstinence-rule, to make your life easier and maybe happier. The crucial point is, however, if one CAN abide by these rules and stick to the new routines.
    THAT'S where I want to be too. Total abstinence isn't the right long-time goal here. Rather de-attachment, self-knowledge and responsibility, harmony between thinking (frontal cortex) and urging (reward and pleasure center*)

* As for all I know this can be located at the nuccleus accumbens. But brain anatomy is pretty complex ..

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  7. Last night was disastrous, I relapsed 3 times and felt asleep at 6am. Now I have some weak urges to eat muffins, I guess I lack some dopamine, but I know that eating them will just make things worse. I'll probably eat my meal earlier today.

8. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I think it's a because the collapse of self control and self esteem. The reward and pleausure areas of your brain get the upper hand. Overmore there are learned routines of multiple combined bad / self-destructive behaviors that may come back on such occasions.

Dane, come back to good routines. It doesn't need to be great stuff. Socializing could be helpful too.

9. Why bro? Don't give up so easily.

10. Yeah you're probably right, socializing may be helpful. I've completely isolated myself for a past few days.

Just had my healthy meal, sugar craving have gone. Past days I noticed I'm not present in the moment enough, started listening to music like crazy lately, I'm addicted to Pentatonix. I need to start my NoMusic challenge again.

11. Today I made a weird decision. I feel so free from sugar that I'm confident about challenging myself even more. I read somewhere that this is supposed to help me master self control. So this is what I did- I took one muffin and while I'm in home, it's always next to me. It's waiting to be eaten, but it'll wait for a long time... I know some of you will consider this as edging in nofap, like watching P without M, I don't even know why I got idea to do this now, and I definitely consider this as playing with fire, but I'm confident that I can resist. I even smelled it few times, it smells great, but I feel light headache while I'm smelling it, it happens to remind me how bad I will feel if I ever decide to eat it.

12. My muffin is still intact. I'm smelling it now and than, but I don't have a bullet of will to eat it.

13. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I don't think this is like edging. Do you plan to eat it at some point? That would be delayed gratification. If you don't inted to eat it at all, watch out that you don't get obsessed with this muffin.
    You can also train your willpower by doing stuff that really matters! (But I don't judge a mind exercise when it gets you somewhere)

14. I'm hardly even noticing it. I agree that I should probably try with doing important stuff, but this is just an addition.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  15. Btw I'm doing my 48h fast atm. I'm on my 25th hour, 23 to go!

16. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

I had so many exception. And the last thing was that I craved for one sort of chocolate which is portioned not smaller than 300g. Today I bought some and ate it all. I fell into food coma and then I had enough. I want to go straight no-sugar for 14 days now.

17. Yeah you should try with a smaller goal, maybe 90 days is too much.

Duellant likes this.