1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. I've seen Mike Tyson performing it, but I've watched Athlean X video(probably best fitness youtube channel out there) and he said it's a very dangerous exercise. I think I'll probably stick to my neck curls, when bodyweight becomes easy I'll start slowly adding some more weight.

I've tried pressing against my hands and it's kinda weird to me, I'm thinking about buying bands, but until that I'll try using some light weight.

Baldur and Force Majeure like this.
  2. Today's full body session:
    Back Squats
    Deadlifts
    Incline bench press
    Weighted dips
    Weighted chin ups
    BB shrugs behind the body
    Superset: Hammer curls/Short triceps head extensions
    Face pulls

I started incorporating face pulls in every workout session and it really feels like my shoulders are healing. It's still cracking a bit, but not as much as it used to...

3. I'm out, idk if i will drop out of the sugar one (possibly not)

4. Why man, what happened?

5. What's up you beautiful trainers? Hope you are all killing it as usual. I started my power week today and thought it would be neato to record my sessions here.

Biceps, triceps, abs

Close grip incline bench press -- 195x4, 195x3, 185x6
    EZ bar bicep curls -- 80x4, 80x4, 75x6
    Tricep Extension -- 75x6, 80x6, 80x5
    Barbell bicep curls -- 70x6, 60x8, 60x7
    3 ab cycles

Somewhat hampered by some wrist discomfort. It's an old skateboarding injury, don't know why it decided to make an appearance today, but oh well, it wasn't a big deal. Hopefully it'll be better by Wednesday so I can max out on chest

Future role model likes this.
  6. +1, this helped me so much with my shoulder injury. The posterior deltoid really is the long and forgotten muscle

Future role model likes this.
  7. Yep, my front dealt is overdeveloped. When I was just starting to workout I used to do more pushing than pulling, which is a huge mistake... I also did some dangerous shoulder exercises, so it just made things worse.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Great to see this thread goes on and on with some participants really rocking it with their persistency and dedication to exercise!

What has become of that promise of mine?
    I'm glad that I did a lot of training sessions since than, but I'm not content with my results at all. I'm still struggeling to get to a trainings routine of nearly every day. Ok, half of summer still before me.

On the last weekend I did 50 push-ups in a ladder (3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3 + 7) AND 25 pull- and chin-ups. I used visualisation which turned out to be pretty effective. I thougt I would have done an all time pull-up record. But I was wrong. My all-time record was on 26th of April:
    This thread is so motivating! My plan is to resume reporting about exercise and the other stuff here on nofap, but on a weekly basis. My daily monitoring I do offline.

Baldur and Future role model like this.
  9. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Did a great session today.

Get ups with a kettlebell.
    Followed by squatting (90 kg 2 reps),
    deadlifts (130-140 kg, to 1-3 reps),
    dips (bodyweight, 4x5),
    weighted chin ups (35 kg warm up, 40 kg for singles).

Almost did a transition from L-sit to handstand (unexpected gains. :D))

Cheers and keep on getting stronger guys!
    /Baldur

Duellant and Future role model like this.
  10. 37 pull-ups! Wow! You're awesome! I'm looking forward for updates :D

Today was a pull-up day for me. I did a number of pull-ups followed by a few minutes rest, then pull-ups again. I felt pretty strong today and next time I want to break my current record (30 pull-ups).

Today the number of pull-ups I did was 30, 10, 10, 20, 20, 27, 15 = 132 pull-ups

Good luck all, I agree with @Duellant, this thread is truly motivating! :)

11. From L-sit to handstand! Wow, you rock! Do you put your knees or legs on your arms during the movement? I can also go from L-sit to handstand but when I do it I first cross my legs, get them under my body and then up with my knees on my triceps, then up. I would be happy to know if you do it the same or in another way. Or maybe you don't do it on a floor?

Cheers! :)

12. Back

Deadlift - 295x2, 315x1, 315x1
    Bent-over row - 165x5, 165x5, 165x5
    V-bar lat pulldown - 160x9, 160x9

Quick but effective back workout. My deadlifts have taken a huge hit ever since I switched to hook grip, but it's steadily coming back. I'm so glad to be done with alternate grip

13. Bodyweight Workout Done Today:

10 Diamond Push-ups, 25 full ATG squats, 5 wide pullups (20 sets, 90 second rest)

Future role model and Baldur like this.
  14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Ran 8 miles today in the South Bay heat.

15. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Hej! Thanks! :)
    Well, I just played around a bit with those U-frames that one can do handstand on while gripping them. So my legs didn't touch my arms at any time. The problem was the height of the building: I touched the ceiling with my feet. Haha. :D Next time I'll get a place that allows for it. xD
    It is awesome that you can do it from the floor!
    Keep on going!

/Baldur

16. Today's session wasn't the best one. I felt weaker than usual, maybe it's because of sleeping problems. But I managed to do every exercise that I planned, in some of them I lowered weight, in some lowered reps and sets. I think it's important for me to do my workout even when I feel weak, because it will strengthen my self discipline. No excuses! :emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  17. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I tip my hat to you Dane! Self discipline is one of the greatest skills to master. Keep on going! :)
    A lack of good sleep absolutely matters. I felt that in lots of sessions if I had a bad night before that. Or little food before that. So, congratulations for doing your work!
    (Obviously insisting on good form and well execution of the exercises, especially when being tired.)

Respect! :)

Update:
    Did some kettlebell snatches, strict presses, single arm swings, squats and dips to refuel my muscle protein synthesis. And lots of eating and sleeping today. :D

Cheers and keep it up brothers and sisters!
    /Baldur

18. Nice work! Self-discipline is a really good thing to master. Keep pushing :emoji_left_facing_fist:

Today:
    20 km cycling
    3.5 km walking
    101 push-ups
    3 hours of slacklining, gymnastic rings and hand standing

The thing that I am most proud of today was a cold bath I took. I had to celebrate that I've been taking cold showers for two months so I had a cold bath for 10 minutes at 12 degree celsius (53.6 F). It was freaking cold but still awesome :)

19. Chest & abs

Barbell bench press -- 225x4, 240x1, 245x1
    Barbell incline bench press -- 195x4, 195x4, 185x4
    Dumbbell incline bench press -- 140x10, 140x8
    3 ab circuits

New bench press PR!!! Beyond hyped, got it done even with my wrist injury. This is why we lift boys

20. Today: 81 push-ups, 20+20 pull-ups, 17 km cycling. I also did a bunch of stochastic push-ups inspired by a master in Systema. Good luck folks