1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does your name mean and does it relate to you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tweeby, Jul 31, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I was wondering what your real life name means and does it relate to you in anyway?

SanctionedUser001 and u376 like this.
  2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

My name "udit" is a Hindu name
    It means "to rise"
    Now I want to relate with my name.....I want to rise from my weakness and limitations....and set a good example

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

my name means rock and so does my middle name actually, i think it is fairly accurate. stability and strength.

Eleanor, Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  4. My name means "she who entangles men." No joke.

Another translation could be "encourager of men." That's probably better. ;)

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I think it depends which source you are using as there are different variations depending on 'greek' or 'spanish' or 'christian' etc. I think the Christian interpretation more fits you as it is defined as:-

'helper of mankind' which definitely describes your kind nature IMO.

I wonder what your middle name means, mine is strange because its meaning is almost identical to my first name. Either way, it is just a bit of fun not really to be taken seriously.

Anyone else guys?

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Two definitions for my first name:

1. “One with red hair”
    2. “King”

Of course, neither of them describe me, although I like the second one. ;)

And it was immensely popular in the late 1800s... Lol (which makes sense considering I’m named after one of my 3x great grandfathers)

My middle name, as it’s more used with me, for the above reason:

1. “Brave ruler/hardy power”

Sheesh, I sense a theme.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

That's peculiar because my middle name literally means the same as my first name, what a quinky dink ;)

I'm pretty sure neither of our parents planned that!

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

sorry edited dude.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

:eek::eek::eek:!!

10. tweeby

tweeby Banned

sorry edited bro.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I honestly don’t mind. I think I gave it away :p

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

haha this is how the russian mafia access bazillions of bank accounts!

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

They’ll be disappointed when they see how much of a desert my bank account is, hah hah

Deleted Account and tweeby like this.
  14. My names means I'm batman's sidekick.

It does not relate to me. However, I would be down.

Gotham Outlaw and Kenzi like this.
  15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I'm now looking up my name to see if I'm batman... But according to @Jamie_K_ definition, I'm only Batgirl...
    I don't think that counts for kicking ass and locking up villains.

My (long) name... Is something really outdated...and negative.
    But my short name means "Fun & with greatest pleasure"

So, it's ironic, imo

16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

That's how these name / personality tests / psychics get ya. Apparently, they pander to every possibility so you think it's beyond coincidence they figured it out. Also there's a lot of cold reading going on.*

That's how / why I get funny looks when I analyse Dreams cos everyone thinks I have The Third Eye haha!

*I also throw in a bit of NLP for good measure too!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Kenzi likes this.
  17. Oh, hell yes it does!!!!

@Kenzi kicking ass? Check this out:

Well, it is TRUE, @Kenzi is BATGIRL ---- because, and this is a FACT: No one has ever seen @Kenzi and Batgirl in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I think not. But its important to keep this a secret....I understand.

However, my own name for @Kenzi is Khaleesi: "....as a title to indicate someone exceptional or to motivate oneself, much in the way that queen can signal various powerful and virtuous qualities. "

My own name, Jamie, is a Hebrew baby name meaning SUPPLANTER. (Ummm, well, I am a Texas-born Buddhist Asian-American of Vietnamese-Filipino descent that speaks with a Southern "twang", but, whatevah....just hear me out....)

A supplanter takes over or takes the place of someone else, usually on purpose. A supplanter takes the place of someone or something that was there first.

Which for me is a super interesting definition.
    Why?

I am a trans woman, meaning I live and present always as a female. I was born as a boy and named JAMES, but at 13 I began to transition hormonally and socially and live my life and present as a girl (now woman), and to then go by the feminized form of my given name, so became JAMIE. So, I definitely now have taken "the place of someone or something that was there first", namely, James.

I had NO IDEA what my name meant!!! This was a very cool thing to do! ThanQ :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  18. "The Sword of the Gods".

I think it can also mean "unforgettable". Nonetheless, I like my name.

Moon Shot likes this.
  19. My name means "spear strength". My spear, long as it is, is definitely strong ;)

20. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Spears are good for thrusting, real good, I like to thrust slow and deep first then short and fast near the end.