1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First time meditating

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheTrapster4U, Aug 3, 2018.

1. TheTrapster4U

TheTrapster4U New Fapstronaut

I did it for about 6 minutes.
    At first I just wanted it to be over so I could do something else and the thoughs were racing through my head, but towards the end it started feeling better and I was getting into it. Then it was over.

Any advice or experiences with meditation?

ChiHov likes this.
  2. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

I recommend meditating 3 times a day, or maybe even just once before you sleep. Do it for 5 minutes with white noise or silence, and it will most probably benefit you. Meditating helps also deal with urges, as well as trying to understand complex emotions.
    There are people that do it for longer than 5 minutes, but I recommend you increase the duration of the meditation once you have been practicing meditation for a couple of days.

TheTrapster4U likes this.
  3. DeludedSoul

DeludedSoul Fapstronaut

Check swamij.com for a everything related to yoga and meditation. Lots of online tools are available.

4. I’d say that’s pretty good for first time. Well, at the end of your meditation practices and journey, you will not be aware of anything because you won’t be attached to any one thought, rather you’re all thoughts (conciousness). So my advice to you is to you is not be aware and to not attach to your thoughts. You shouldn’t be aware of how you feel, especially in the beginning.

5. I've dipped into meditation many times over the last few years. The most success I've had has been using the Headspace app. For at least 6 months, I just used the free 10 sessions, 10 minutes a day, and that was pretty good for me.

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  6. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

Use Headspace. It teaches you how to meditate. Meditate every day. Even a minute counts.

Tryinghardtoquit likes this.
  7. ChiHov

ChiHov Fapstronaut

Congratulations, it sounds like you had a successful first meditation session. Some days, it be like that. You sit there, waiting for it to be over. But on good days, your just happy to be doing it, and that’s when you know you got it.

8. Just be. You are... I am...

9. Headspace app is amazing... also search relaxation meditation on youtube 'honest guys' are a good channel to subscribe too...just stay away from it obviously if using Youtube triggers you and takes you to a dark place.

10. Thanks for the Honest Guys recommendation. I'll give them a go as well as using Headspace.

11. I do meditation 5 - 7 minutes once a day, sometimes in the afternoon at a peaceful place or before sleep. I focus and observe my breath. I'm going already to my second week and I feel peaceful in my mind, less stressed and urges are low.

12. Most of my meditation is done first thing in the morning...sometimes I do Wim Hoff Method of breathing...interesting stuff

13. getagripchris

getagripchris New Fapstronaut

I meditate three times a day, about ten minutes each time and I hope to build it up to about twenty minutes. Focus on your breathing. Sit confortably, any discomfort will take you out of the experience. If you have trouble keeping racing thoughts away, find a mantra: say "aum" as you meditate, it will keep your thoughts away. Build the habit first, whether it's once a day or more, six minutes or however long, once you've been doing this for a while you'll start seeing subtle benefits, in the meantime you need to trust the process. Best of luck to you on your journey.