1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What other language do wish you could speak?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tweeby, Aug 4, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I know we have a lot of bi-lingual people on here, which is really impressive, some speak better than native English speakers. So my question is what other language would you like to speak fluently and why?

Flyhigh likes this.
  2. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

I would want to speak Spanish or Portuguese (well, I was learning Spanish for a bit). This is because I already know a couple of languages, and knowing one of those two means that I’ve already covered a whole load of countries which I can speak in. Lots of other countries have their own languages which are just small differences to Spanish or Portuguese, such as Italy having Italian (not as much of a difference between Spanish, making it somewhat easy to understand).

Parz1val and tweeby like this.
  3. Parz1val

Parz1val Fapstronaut

True. It's the same vice versa. A friend of mine is Italian and understand a lot of things in Spanish. I still want to learn Italian. If someone wants to share their experience on how to learn a language. I would appreciate that! :)

4. Portuguese, because there's a village in Brazil populated mostly by women. I forget the name of it, but whilst I'm struggling with PMO I don't see me getting a Brazilian wife.

5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

german and japanese......because i know a little of them
    "ich leben dish"- german
    "watashi wa udit desu"- japanese

tweeby likes this.
  6. Speaking the language is one thing, immersing yourself in the culture and being comfortable with it is another.

Trevelyan357 likes this.
  7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Why sit and wish to speak that language when you can get up and learn it?

Flyhigh, FX-05 and Moon Shot like this.
  8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

yoroshiku onegai shimasu

9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Now.....I don't know this much
    Konbanwa
    Ohayo gozai masu

tweeby likes this.
  10. tweeby

tweeby Banned

C'mon bro use kanji or hirigana?

11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i learned japanese in my college in 2014......so i nearly forgot everything...
    there is katakana.......which is very difficult....

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

i wonder if @MLMVSS knows katakana?

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. Italian or Spanish. Also because I'm a bit of a hipster Esperanto or Elvish.

Deleted Account and Moon Shot like this.
  14. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Me gusta!

15. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Yo aprendo español porque yo vivo donde muchas personas lo hablan. Yo estudio español con Duolingo y unos libros.

FX-05 and Deleted Account like this.
  16. Italian, because I’ve always felt drawn to that country. Not romanticizing Italy, I know it has its problems, but something about the culture and history just really make me want to be a part of their country. Plus my fathers side is Italian so I’ve always wanted to explore where my family came from.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

I would have to go with German. I hear a lot of people say that it is a harsh sounding language (personally I think the oriental languages sound harsh). I just enjoy listening to people who speak it.

18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

The dialect is completely different and the word structure but it is totally worth exploring, I like studying all kinds of different languages!

19. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Gutten morgan

Trevelyan357 likes this.
  20. I've always wanted to be able to speak fluent ASL. Or I guess "sign" fluent ASL. I just think it's a beautiful language, and while people who speak another language can always learn to speak English if they come to the U.S., a lot of deaf people who are reliant on ASL dont have the option of learning another way to communicate. So I think it would be cool if more people learned ASL and could give them a break from having to read lips all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
    LEPAGE, Trevelyan357 and tweeby like this.