1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Yes. I liked that one too, but not quite as much.

2. I agree, sequels are seldom as good as the original. They're making a 3rd one, its coming out next year.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Nice! Hopefully its good

4. Yeah, hopefully :)

5. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

I last watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) with Steve Martin and the late John Candy. I've always thought it was a funny movie. This one scene takes the cake for me.

6. Heck yeah, i love that scene :)

7. LOTR: The Two Towers - 9/10
    I actually like this one more than Fellowship. I think it's the battle for Helm's Deep and Smeagle/Gollum's internal dialogue that make it better. Not to mention the king of Rohan's transformation has been used as a metaphor for NoFap.
    Yes it's a long movie, but it never seemed too slow in my opinion. (It helped that there were three plot lines to jump between.)
    I was honestly surprised when it ended because the book goes on a little longer.

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Slenderman 8/10

Based on the game, this was pretty decent actually, nothing mind blowing in regards to a story but there were some really interesting parts, some of the scenes had a very 'ringesque' feel to it, which is scary AF. I'd recommend going to watch in the movies with someone else. Definitely not a movie you want to watch by yourself. Tagging @Castielle as I think this is a horror film they'd like.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    AngelofDarkness likes this.
  9. The Girl on the Train 10/10

Probably the best book to film adaptation I've ever seen, which is especially impressive given how complicated the story is and how little dialogue there is in the book to work with. Emily Blunt is probably my favorite actress. She's so incredible. One of my favorite scenes in the film, after she sees the girl shes been watching from afar for months and feels a connection to kissing a man who isn't her husband:

Gives me chills, man.

10. My sister said it was super dumb, so I didnt see it. Lol

Taylor25 likes this.
  11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

haha fair point, it didn't have much of a convincing story but in terms of a shallow horror flick it was pretty decent.

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I think I've seen most of EB's movies, Sicario is my all time fav although I'm not sure if you'll dig that, as it is mainly action and has a drugs / Mexican cartel sub plot.

Looper was great, the adjustment bureau was ok, the one with Tom Cruise was fantastic can't remember the name kinda like a modern groundhog day, and even my summer of love LOL, good god that was a strange plot but decent. I hear Mary Poppins is going to be good but never liked that movie as a kid, I was all about Alice in wonderland. Oh yeah, obviously a quiet place was amazing, I'm considering watching fishing in Yemen actually but it looks pretty awful in terms of a plot if I'm being honest.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  13. Salmon fishing wasn't bad, but it depends on whether you like those kind of movies or not. The one you mentioned with Tom Cruise is called Edge of Tomorrow, pretty good movie. I also liked The Wolfman remake she was in a lot, although no one else seems to.

tweeby likes this.
  14. I still haven't gotten around to seeing that, but i want to, i like Emily Blunt a lot. Does it have a lot of triggers in it though? I heard it might.

15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yeah in that case, I'll give it a watch, I thought 'Tracks' was pretty decent and admittedly that isn't something I'd ordinarily watch. Thanks for the heads up.

16. No problem, but like i said don't expect anything fantastic. Its just a mellow light movie.

tweeby likes this.
  17. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Nothing crazy, the only triggers in EB's movies is probably 'My summer of love' and there is a scene in 'Arthur Newman' which is really triggering, Oh yeah and a few scenes in 'wild target' where she dresses up.

18. Okay, good to know, thanks. I never saw those other two, and i guess i won't be watching them anytime soon lol.

19. tweeby

tweeby Banned

@What I Do That Defines Me I'd definitely recommend watching Sicario if you haven't seen it. Especially, if you like action with a drugs / government corruption sub plot. Peace I'm off to bed - signing out.

AngelofDarkness likes this.