1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does your name mean and does it relate to you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tweeby, Jul 31, 2018.

1. You = ROCK
    Me = PAPER
    @Kenzi = SCISSORS

2. ;) really?
    You figure out how to promote your junk w such a simple question?
    Men o_O, ya gotta hand it to 'em .... they never miss a shot!!
    :emoji_kiss:

My Vietnamese given-name means "Shield of Deflation", or "Wall of Deflection", or even "Collector of Spears".....meaning anyone with "Spear Strength" is up against more than his match as I can DEFLATE, DEFLECT or just COLLECT that cute little Spear of yours and put it in the bin with all the others that went before.....

...or maybe it means none of those things! :emoji_kiss::emoji_high_heel::emoji_eyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Totally makes sense! Thanks for the response. I think that makes sense if you have a good relationship with your family and dont want to completely separate yourself as "past Jamie" and "future Jamie."

Kenzi, tweeby and Deleted Account like this.
  4. ThanQ :)
    Yeah, that is the beauty of it for me. I have been very lucky keeping family and friends intact ---- so many girls lose everyone as they transition. Me? Everyone is still in my life in a really healthy way.

Kenzi, tweeby and Deleted Account like this.
  5. That's really great :)

tweeby likes this.
  6. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

Lucentio is a character in The Taming of the Shrew, a play written by William Shakespeare. I love The Bard.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

^Quote corrected!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  8. I have a traditional western style title so; first, middle, last.
    My first name means God has head
    My middle name means Defender of the people
    My last name means Someone who lives in a small valley (kek)

9. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

My name means God heals from Hebrew. It's true, God has healed many through miraculous feats and is helping everyone along this journey we are all on known as life. I'm excited to grow and strive my best to become a role model for others.

Eleanor likes this.
  10. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

My real name is Rosa Maria (translated as Rose Mary). Rose is "flower" in Latin and Maria is "eminence" in Hebrew= eminent flower. I totally love it and I relate myself to it as a reminder that I'm ought to do great things in life.

11. My name is Marko
    the god of war! pretty cool

12. I don't know about the middle or last, but apparently my first name's origin derives from Hebrew and it means princess/noble woman. I don't know if there was a reason why it was picked, but I love it regardless.

13. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

Last name means a place that's rich of plants. My first name don't mean dick

14. Is your real name Sarah? If so, i didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

15. Yeah it is! Luckily speech wise it's hard for people to mess up. lol

Moon Shot likes this.
  16. True enough. I sometimes have a hard time with Caleb and that isn't even that hard.

Deleted Account and Moon Shot like this.
  17. Bjarni Herjolfson

Bjarni Herjolfson Fapstronaut

My name means "fair haired warrior" in some Celtic language. Guess how long my hair is?

18. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

My name and middle names are so common. My name is #1 for boys for decades in America.

I even met another boy at 7th grade that shares all 3 names with me: first, middle and last!

19. First name is derived from greek and means "protector of the people" or some sort of defender. I guess it's not too far away since i care for the well-being of humans quite vehemently sometimes, but my "protection" has mostly remained in my mind and my worries.

My last name has no known origins and this just started to frustrate me :emoji_sweat_smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2018
  20. Hi Peter, I like it. :)

tweeby likes this.