1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to every one on Nofap. I have reached 1 year NO PMO.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Anand Sharma, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Anand Sharma

Anand Sharma Fapstronaut

All it started on August 21, 2017 when I decided, "Yeah Man! It is the time to start this challenging task!!" But I had no idea how challenging it could be! (lol). I'll keep this short.
    Having completed the year of NO PMO, it really feels like superman powers. Its like if you can control yourself, then anything you can achieve you wish, only if you put some hard effort to it.

Now, coming to how I started and what are the tips and tricks to achieve this journey.
    1. Firstly, I starting doing it every week. Was badly addicted to P & M. Then I started for a month, then two and now this is the important part that after two months, I realized that there is no such compulsion to do this thing. Just for a pleasure of 5 or 10 minutes, you are wasting an important part of you that you are not aware of its potential.
    2. It is very important that you have a plan or a strong point to justify the abstinence fromm this thing. From the very beginning, I had a plan and practice of 3-4 months of abstinence. Then as the 1st year started, first few months went easy (means not difficult) to abstain. Then, you know, you have social media like fb stuff on which you are prone to see some intimidating pics that might turn you on again to that hell. Same happened with me, I have a friend who sent me a video message. I thought okay lets see what info he's giving. After opening it, I see a P video of about 3 minutes length. I was like, "What!!". But I decided to watch it full, don't know what happened. But after that it felt like shit man. "I can't afford a relapse".
    3. So a lot of times you get in way of things that can turn you on. That is when your strong will or plan that you had from the start saves you. The real Secret to NoFap for me is that, "It's all in your hands". Whether you search P with it, ejaculate with it or can do something better that is worth it.
    4. Now how to tackle your mind or brain? Well, the answer is simple. You don't try to stop it from the mind. Because the more you try to control it, more time is spent on it, more you are getting out of your control, because mind is something that can't be easily controlled and with you starting out your journey, it is not easy. The imaginations that you have drawn in your brain about Women and P are very strong to tackle. And all it needs is patience and it is achieved only if you don't force your brain. If you feel like, "I'm having all these imaginations that I can't control, its always in my mind. I'm gonna browse some P and ejaculate". Really? Think of it like you imagine yourself buying your favorite car or something that is real expensive and you don't have that much cash. Then what would you do to get that? Obviously you will earn hard for that. The mind is the same in both cases, either you dream big and start achieve or just release dopamine more and more. It is in your hands either to just release your energy or utilize it in something that you really wish to achieve.
    5. Now I'll discuss wet dreams. To be honest, I had very few wet dreams during 1 year and that even little bit of wetness on the tip. Wet dreams are completely normal if you are abstaining from PMO. Because the body will release it when semen's level is very high or something else they say (I don't know much about it).
    6. Remember to have some inspiration or have such high will power that will always get your way through tough times during this journey. Because we are humans, and committing mistakes is a part of us. But what matters is the things we learn from them.
    7. Always remember, your hand won't automatically lift up and ejaculate or search P. It is you who intentionally does it. Because I have been a victim of this too as all of us are!
    8. And lastly I have decided for another year of No PMO. I don't write much so, if you have any doubts (which you'll surely do cause I don't know what I was writing) make sure to leave a comment and hopefully I'll get to it.
    Oh! I have written a lot of story!! But I hope that you get something out of this thread. Thanks a lot for reading it!!!

NoFap Army, Thanks a Million!

2. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Well done, inspirational.

newday123 and Anand Sharma like this.
  3. emeka71

emeka71 Fapstronaut

Thanks for this

Anand Sharma likes this.
  4. Dandelion30

Dandelion30 Fapstronaut

Congratulations for having 1 year No PMO.
    This is such an amazing post. Thank you for the great advices.

Anand Sharma likes this.
  5. guyinsideout

guyinsideout Fapstronaut

6. Anand Sharma

Anand Sharma Fapstronaut

You are welcome Dandelion30. Good luck for your journey

newday123 and Dandelion30 like this.
  7. Son of shiva

Son of shiva Fapstronaut

Congrats man..keep fighting

8. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Great inspiration

9. Pursuit__Of__Happiness

Pursuit__Of__Happiness Fapstronaut

AWESOME. Slightly offbeat question, are you the 'anand sharma' of congress party? :)...

newday123 likes this.
  10. Great job keep up the good work

11. Anand Sharma

Anand Sharma Fapstronaut

Haha, no brother! Probably he won't be into Nofap!!

12. Anand Sharma

Anand Sharma Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot!

newday123 likes this.
  13. Powerous

Powerous Fapstronaut

Congrats. Keep Moving Forward

14. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

Thank you for your excellent tips. I especially like the one above.

Anand Sharma likes this.
  15. Anand Sharma

Anand Sharma Fapstronaut

You are welcome! Please feel free to ask any questions!!

16. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

Congratulations and thanks for an informative post

Anand Sharma likes this.
  17. Congrats man, so what benefits did you get after abstaining for more than a year & what strategies did you implement to do so?

18. Justhuman 120

Justhuman 120 Fapstronaut

Great man
    Thanx for nyc advise
    And i will promise and challeng u that i will beat you. :)

By the way today is my 1st day.
    ;)

19. ThisTime

ThisTime Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Anand Sharma likes this.