1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek talk anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Garris Sherman, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Garris Sherman

Garris Sherman New Fapstronaut

So a few years ago a good friend of mine recommended I watch Star Trek starting with the Original Series so that’s exactly what I did. I watched TOS and loved it and then proceeded to watch all the movies, Next Generation, Next Generation movies, Deep Space 9, and Voyager. It is quite possibly the greatest show ever.

But one of the best things to do other than watch Star Trek is talking about Star Trek.

2. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Where should we start?

3. Kirk or Picard? What say you?

4. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Picard. He is representative of the modern Starfleet and Federation values. He is probably the ideal man of western civilisation; philosophical, strong-willed, dutiful, responsible and pursues knowledge and culture with an open-mind.

5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I think Kirk would win in a fist fight.

lucentio likes this.
  6. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Picard has the advantage of height and reach.

7. Absolutely correct! His photo is my phone background. I think he is the perfect example of good leadership.

8. I hated the last Star Trek movie!

RobbyGo36 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. I haven't seen any of the new ones all the way through or the reboot currently airing.

10. I liked the first reboot and the second one was ok. But with the third one, I hated it before I even saw it because J.J. Abrams wasn't directing it.

What do you think of the new Netflix series?

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Haven't seen it. To be fair I haven't really watched Voyager or DS9. I stuck to TOS and TNG and a few books here and there. I might give it a shot though. What did you think?

12. I did find it a bit triggery in the first episode since a woman is in her underwear in one scene. It isn't over the top, it's just one scene. but it might be an issue for some. Apart from that, I thought it was pretty good.

13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

It would be close, that's for sure. I was watching the episode where Picard loses a fight so bad he gets stabbed through the heart, requiring him to get an artificial heart, when I was thinking about this.

14. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

In my useless opinion, Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek, followed by Voyager.

15. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

Can't name the episode, but Picard gets jumped by 2 Klingons and can hold his own with them. I say Picard wins.

And if you're listening, shut up Wesley.

LEPAGE and Garris Sherman like this.
  16. Garris Sherman

It’s hard for me to ditermine which one I enjoy the most. Deep Space 9 would probably have been my favorite but they added so many god awful romance scenarios towards the end there with the addition of Ezri who is IMO the most worthless character in all of the Star Trek universe. It didn’t necessarily ruin the whole show by any means, it was still fantastic, but it definitely brought it down a notch or two on the awesome lvl.

LEPAGE likes this.
  17. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

18. Garris Sherman

I enjoyed the newest movies for the most part. I think the problem is that some Trek fans have difficulty separating the current Star Trek trilogy from all other Star Trek. I haven’t seen the newest either that is airing so I can’t speak for that one.

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I'm more a Star Wars guy, but I loved the Star Trek movie the wrath of Khan.

Contentful T likes this.
  20. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

DS9 is the best series in my opinion. To sum it up; best storylines, best characters, best battles and my second favourite captain. It has Garak, Odo, Quark and Gul Dukat, some of the best written characters in the franchise.