1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can relationships between couples of significant age difference last ?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I'm talking a significant difference in years of like 15 years or more. Obviously there are some challenges with a relationship like this.

2. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

It depends.

If she is 105 and he is +15, it won't last.
    Nor would if he were 29 and she -15.

Two consenting adults of any age who are committed to making a relationship work will last. Why is it anyone else's business but thiers? Live long and be happy.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Gotham Outlaw and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I should have clarified. Two adults who are at least 18 and up, and lets set a limit of like not any of the adults older than 80 max.

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

My concern is when the older person faces the difficulties of being in the advanced age like in the 70s-80s and the challenge that goes with that for the younger partner.

5. It’s a good solid question seeking opinions. In my opinion, in this day and age of increased selfishness and self centeredness, I say no it won’t last.

My parents are 15 years apart and the only reason they’re together still is convenience. Their relationship has been horrible as long as I can remember. They hardly talk to each other, live in separate rooms, use different bathrooms, and live their own lives but reside under the same roof. They’re old school so their views of divorce differs from younger generations who are going to say, “F this, why bother, I’m outta here”.

I’m not saying one attitude is right or wrong just saying today’s attitude about divorcing when things get tough is a lot laxer than before. And things are always going to get tough in marriage. When there’s a big age gap there’s another list of stresses that are going to be thrown into the mix. The honeymoon is long over, it’s years into the marriage, lots of real life negative situations are popping up: I think people today are going to bail out of the marriage.

That’s my opinion. Any others?

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  6. Your right, it’s not anyone else’s business if a couple decides to do it.

We’re just sharing opinions on the general situation. If I knew a couple that was going through with this I certainly wouldn’t bug them with my opinion. In fact I know a guy who is older than me who married in his late 40’s a gal who was still in her early 20’s and he is currently proving me wrong after 5+ years. He’s a good guy and she’s a mature woman with her head on straight.

So I’m willing to admit my opinion is flawed. But it’s just an opinion and people are free to having differing opinions.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  7. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I heard somewhere that the longest lasting relationships were ones where the man is five years older than the lady. Basically, male college grads pick up their wives when they are graduating from high school. These are the 60 plus year marriages.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

interesting

LEPAGE likes this.
  9. I think if you view each other as your equals it can work. I was in a relationship with an older woman, and one reason why I ended it was because she looked down on me for being younger than her.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  10. If they are a personality and sexual match then yes. Depends what the reasons were for getting together.

11. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

I know a couple where the girl is 9 years older than the guy, and they've been happily married for 33 years. It's not your 15 year age difference, but I think it's all about if both parties are willing to put in the work necessary to keep the relationship going.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.