1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can’t stop having erotic thoughts!

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Velu283, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Velu283

Velu283 Fapstronaut

Whenever I’m bored (sometimes when I’m not even bored), I keep having erotic thoughts that arouse me a lot. How can I stop these?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Inactive User

Inactive User Fapstronaut

Here's something I've started doing recently that really helps:

Step 1: Immediately push it out. Remind yourself that you want NO part of it and TRUST yourself that it is NOT something you want.

Step 2: If it comes back more than a few times, just say "I choose not to think about this. If it pops into my head, I can't control that, but I choose to not actively think about it, and instead to focus on something else."

Let me know if this helps you!

3. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

This might help... I call it backing up a step. If your mind wanders to an erotic thought... stop and recall the last thought that was normal, non sexual.. sometimes those last normal thoughts are triggers. For example if your last normal thought was you were mad at someone, that unprocessed anger could lead a person to go to their PMO "happy place"

4. Don't feel guilty about it. It is not your fault. It sure is a bad place to be in, but it never should be a cause of guilt. It is natural to think about sex sometime during the day.
    You say you are bored, only then you do it.
    So I suggest find something to entertain you in times of boredom. See what you can come up with to occupy yourself.

Reborn16 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Digger2

Digger2 Fapstronaut

In a calmer moment, find something that excites you or attracts you attention. Whatever that is think about it, search it our on the web, swell on it. As you do that, consider that to be a safe place. Then when the erotic thought pops up, go to that safe place.

nef and Handzfree like this.
  6. whoami33

whoami33 Fapstronaut

You dont have as much power over your accidental thoughts, they may come and go but if you break the chain when you get aware this random thoughts occur less and less. You cant stop those thoughts from appearing but you can decide not to get involved with them and not to fantasize based on them. After ignoring them thos thoughts may occour more at first but start to losetheir power after a while just like urges

Reborn16 likes this.
  7. And simply do something else. Walk, run, study, clean, cook, cold shower.
    If we don't start, then we cant continue.

Inactive User likes this.
  8. Zamyou

Zamyou Fapstronaut

Totally normal, especially when you are bored...
    This should tell you how hooked ur brain is to sexual stimuli...