1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my testosterone blood results on NoFap day 214. Not what I expected!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mgz069, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Are you saying they're on plant-based steroids?

2. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Hehe, I'm sure some may be on steroids just like omnivorous bodybuilders are (But if I had to guess, there would probably be less vegans on steroids than omnivores since they probably care more about their health). But Kendrick Farris is literately a record-holding weightlifting Olympian that is vegan and doesn't do steroids. I think that's a pretty strong message, the strongest man alive is a vegan, just something to think about...

3. Sorry for nitpicking but Farris is not even near OR let alone WR.

4. ClaritySeeker

OR? WR = World record, I'm guessing. You're right he broke a U.S. Record

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/why-americas-best-olympic-weightlifter-is-vegan-w434203/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendrick_Farris
    Quote from wiki:
    "During the Olympic trials on May 8, 2016, Farris broke the U.S record by lifting a total of 831 pounds (377 kg) -- 370 pounds (168 kg) in the snatch and 461 pounds (209 kg) in the clean and jerk.[2]"

5. I don't know about that. I just found that my Multi has 1000 UI of vitamin D and I've been taking an extra vitamin D since I found I have a deficiency (1 in 3 people do) , I no longer have a deficiency but I've still been finishing off the bottle since its good for the bones. What I'm saying is I've been taking 2000 UI a day for a long while now and if 2000 UI is okay then I cant see an extra 1000 UI tipping the scales and causing toxicity.

6. ClaritySeeker

I'm talking years (of course less if you're taking higher doses), just continue to monitor it every year and make sure you're not getting too high on the levels.

7. basketball21

basketball21 Fapstronaut

From some of my research it can lower it long term from what I gather (YouTube videos, websites etc) usually after first 7 days it spikes to 145 percent then after the 7th day your test goes back to baseline and then your test goes up and down some days it's pretty high someday it's normal and it does this for the next 3 months....
    After the 3 months from what I was told, it actually goes below normal after 3 straight months....

I could be wrong I am not a expert
    (I'm am still starting out on this journey only about 2 months into trial and error )

8. 10 minutes of sun light on a fair skinned person can increase Vitamin D by 10,000 IU

It's not the vitamin D, it's supplemental vitamin D, but I don't know how much is too much.

9. ClaritySeeker

That's right. More than 2000 is too much unless you have low levels to begin with.

10. 3 weeks of nofap seem to increase T.
    "In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence."
    Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788

11. Incorrect. 3000 IU supplemental vitamin D will increase testosterone by 25%. I haven't heard anything about that increase being related to people with low D levels. You must be thinking about zinc and magnesium.

12. Would be good to know by how much. Still good to know regardless. The goal would be to have sex on day 7 or 8 to get those test spikes of 147% on loop. The other thing to remember is a masturbation orgasm is not the same as a sex orgasm. I'd be interested to see if anyone has any further info on that.

13. ClaritySeeker

I'm not making any claims about Vitamin D causing changes in Testosterone. I'm just saying to watch out for Vitamin D overdose. National guidelines are to take 400 IU daily and 800 IU if you are 65 or older. Some research suggests no more than 2000 IU daily should be sufficient. But I'm saying it really depends on what your starting values are. I'm not talking about Zinc or Magnesium.

14. I read a lot of those guidelines are bullshit. 400 IU? Are you serious? I didn't even know it comes in such a dose.

15. ClaritySeeker