1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop fantasies exciting me?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by e123, Oct 20, 2018.

1. e123

e123 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone.
    There's something I'm struggling with. I'm on a good streak of sobriety and I want to stay committed to this.

I'm not getting any of the usual problems with rebooting like flatlining etc in fact sex with my wife has never been better. What I'm having a hard time with is still being excited by fetishes I have. When will I stop being excited by these things? Will my old fantasies disappear eventually? How long does it take? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    tdotLotLJ likes this.
  2. tdotLotLJ

tdotLotLJ Fapstronaut

It's great that you are on a good streak of sobriety; are having a fulfilling sexual relations with your wife, and have a firm commitment to the process.
    I do believe that as you practice normative sexual relations with your wife, that will become you're "new normal" -- and you will be happy, in love and fulfilled!

The process varies among each person. Figure about 3 to 12 months -- very similar to rebooting off pmo. (You will experience a gradual, increasing transition to more and more natural, normative and healthy sexual activities -- and preferences for them.)

Feed the right wolf (self-help books; articles on NoFap, etc.) and the healthier wolf will win.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    e123 likes this.
  3. e123

e123 Fapstronaut

Thanks, tdotLotLJ. I do feel like I'm wrestling with these urges once a week or so. Once they subside, I'm alright. It's just allowing them to subside. If I had some idea how long it would take for things to become "normal", that would definitely be encouraging. Thanks a lot.

4. phwrancesco

phwrancesco Fapstronaut

i still have fantasies 24-7....don't think you can fight them, just go on your streak

e123 likes this.