1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 20, 2018.

Should this thread be moved back to the Self Improvement board?

1. Hell yes!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. No.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. I've realized that quitting pmo has given me more free time then I've bargained for, so in an attempt to fill the empty space, I've picked up photography as a new hobby. I recently purchased my first first DSLR (Canon), so I'm gonna be using this thread as a sort of journal to outline my progress with photography. ummmm I'm pretty damn excited about this okay : )

to the fapstronauts with cool pics of their own ----> POST THEM! I want to see and be inspired by your pictures -- I dont care if it was taken with a DSLR, cell phone, digital camera, or a goddam fun saver. I want to see your moments frozen in time

2. I took this photo about a year ago with my Galaxy s8 smartphone. I've always half-curiously taken photos of the interesting things I've come across in my travels, but this was the first pic I ever took that made me want to seriously consider photography as a permanent hobby. no matter where this newfound passion takes me, this will always be the picture that started it all

it was half creativity, half luck. my friend was impatiently waiting for me to finish awkwardly shooting the oasis of sun flowers we had come across. we had planned to spend the day drinking and paddle boarding in Long Beach, and I was holding those plans up. boy was I glad I did

[​IMG]

3. Photos and videos are one of the things I’m getting back into also. Nice picture!

4. first attempts at lightning photography. I was rushed on both occasions as the conditions caught me off guard. I'm gonna have to start monitoring the weather a little better if I really wanna take advantage of scenery out here. I learned a lot with these shots, and I'm happy with the results. an old aerial photographer I know said that there are no such things as mistakes, just lessons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

6. a lightning shot from a phone? that is beyond cool

7. and this is why you take your camera wherever you go, you just never know what you're gonna see. I was in a hurry to be somewhere but I had enough time to pull over for some quick shots. nature likes to remind you to slow down and enjoy the view every once in a while.

[​IMG]

8. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Great pic! I took a lot of rainbow pictures with my phone last winter (haven't really bothered carrying a camera in a couple of years), but what I really like about this photo are the yellowish clouds.

9. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

Love the lightning and lighting of the photos!

10. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

This is an awesome thread! I can't wait to see more! :)

11. I like this shot I took up in the mountains. I could have framed the cactus into the shot a little better, but whatever, live and learn.

[​IMG]

12. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

I love this shot, man! I see what you mean about the cactus, but wouldn't the challenge be to frame it differently without it detracting from the rain in the background?

13. thanks man. yeah I would think the rain is the subject of the photo -- framing the cactus in a way that doesn't distract viewers from the subject was the hard part for me. I wish I took the photo from a slightly higher angle or something

Deleted Account and P-Free like this.
  14. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

You're welcome, man. I took the rain to be the subject of the photo, too. It's spectacular! I'm not a photog, but I think that would be a tough challenge, framing the cactus. Just means you get to practice more! :) At a hobby you're extremely passionate about! :)

15. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

16. UPDATE: editing pictures is cool

I was looking at some photos I took at a concert a while ago, and I got real lucky with this shot here

[​IMG]

as the disgusting yuppie hipster that I am, I knew what had to be done

[​IMG]

nice, nice. now just a little cropping and

[​IMG]

8)

17. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Wow... Beyond freaking cool, man! :)

18. I forget that I'm a pilot and I can take pics of the scenery I see while at work. here are some from my recent trips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Awesome pictures!

20. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Totally awesome shots!!!