1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your longest no sleep streak?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I've only reached 24 hrs. I felt miserably sleepy and couldn't handled it anymore. So i slept. Though, i am curious if anyone of you had went for longer days without sleep and experienced hallucinations.

2. It's not good to go without sleep.

3. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

I once prepared a presentation the whole night without spending a single hour of sleep.I actually slept in the school, it's very unhealthy to do this, don't try!

4. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Bro want to know a bigger challenge then getting no sleep?
    Getting a good amount of sleep. Try to get good sleep for a month and come back and see how you feel. It's dang hard I'll tell ya.

5. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Over 48 hours. Woke up in the morning, boarded a flight to Japan in the afternoon, arrived in Osaka in the morning and went to sleep at midnight.

EthanW. likes this.
  6. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Well. True. There's a list of negative effects from sleep deprivation.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I guess that's just as much as me. And yes it is unhealthy to not sleep.

8. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I sleep at 10pm everyday single day and wake up at 6. I still feel sleepy when i wake up.

9. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

That's double my streak. You're a legend.

10. 48+ hours more than once during my time in the Navy.

Vietnam Vets would tell me they regularly would be awake 72 hours or more at a time in combat zones.

nef and KS1994 like this.
  11. 4 days straight. A couple of years ago, I had an impacted tooth that was causing me agonizing pain whenever I tried to lay down to sleep. I even tried to sleep sitting up in bed. I had to wait those 4 days for my dentist appointment. Up until the day before, my body forced me to sleep, regardless of how much pain I was in.

12. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Any of y'all experience any side/aftermath effects? Like hallucinations and insomnia for e.g.

13. MusicMakingMonk

You know why metheads land into a psychosis at some point? Not just the meth, it's coupled with not sleeping enough that makes it extremely likely.
    Stop this fucking not sleeping bullshit, it's bad for your brain and body, your not cool if you do it, you haven't achieved anything actually significant and it will leave you no benefits in the long term.

14. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

First of all. I live in a very secured country. Meth, Weed, Cocaine is the hardest stuff to get. So drugs isn't really a thing to talk about. Anyway about psychosis, is it even possible to get it just without sleeping? Ps i won't be doing the no sleep challenge since i'm working doing my holidays.

15. I was on NoSleep, I keep relapsing after 2-3 days! I can't quit this sleeping addiction!

TARS likes this.
  16. MusicMakingMonk

I wasn't saying do meth so you can stay up long. I'm saying you have severe risk of mentally damaging yourself by not sleeping. It's dumb.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  17. TARS

TARS Fapstronaut

About 40 hours during a vacation across six time zones.

18. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

40 hours. Don't try it, it is not worth it, unless you just need to survive, or something.

Judging from other replies, I think the body can only take a maximum of 2days without sleep, unless it is in a continuously heightened state of survival... But, even then, I think the brain prioritizes shelter and sleep, which makes evolutionary sense.

19. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

But the highest is 11 days. So what do you mean?

20. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I don't know. Despite knowing all the negative effects and 0 benefits. I still want to do it out of curiosity. But i'm just saying. I've attempted this several times yet failed to even reach 24 hrs. I only reached 24 hrs without sleep once. And i don't do this always. Just during the holidays.